Honored Contributor

My Grandmother always carried a red purse thru the Christmas season, my Mom followed suit and so do I. I have a favorite old style Tig purse I love for everyday and I have that bag in multiple colors - including red. I carried a dressy bag out yesterday so this morning instead of going back into my cognac tan everyday carry bag ,  I got out my red Christmas bag. I used a magna pin and added a Christmas pin to one of the front pockets. Now I really feel I am in the Christmas season.

Honored Contributor

Re: Red Christmas purse

[ Edited ]

BTW - magna pin is a way to put a pin on leather or suede or silk and not make a hole.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I too enjoy a red bag around the holidays and judging by what I see out and about, I think many of us do. I've been using a larger brick red bag for the past few weeks and can't seem to switch out of it, though I've been wanting to go into a black bag for a few weeks before moving into another, probably more true red, bag closer to Christmas... Of course, my moods do change, so who knows what I'll be carrying as we near the holiday ! My other favorite for this time of year is a plaid bag...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

I too enjoy a red bag around the holidays and judging by what I see out and about, I think many of us do. I've been using a larger brick red bag for the past few weeks and can't seem to switch out of it, though I've been wanting to go into a black bag for a few weeks before moving into another, probably more true red, bag closer to Christmas... Of course, my moods do change, so who knows what I'll be carrying as we near the holiday !

My DH can't seem to understand that one's mood has everything to do with the bag you carry on any given day.  Esp. when I was working and had to wear scrubs every day, so the only thing I could change was my purse.

Honored Contributor

My coat is Burgundy so I carry a small burgundy purse.  With my ivory/teal coat, I use a teal bag (both are Tigs).

Honored Contributor

Oh yes, the handbag 'mood' shift! I hear that! I just went and unearthed a plaid bag and think I'll switch into it today instead of a black bag. I'll use the plaid for a while before searching out a red bag. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I have a quilted red velvet "holiday" handbag

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Oh yes, the handbag 'mood' shift! I hear that! I just went and unearthed a plaid bag and think I'll switch into it today instead of a black bag. I'll use the plaid for a while before searching out a red bag. 

This should be pretty, seasonal and cheerful.

Respected Contributor

I have a red bag that I bought one year ago and have not had to change purses at all.  It is perfect for me and it's now my go-to-bag.

It is the medium Duxbury by Brahmin.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Big Sister Don't you occasionally wear colors that don't go well with red , and need to change it out ? I wear a lot of purples and plums so I can't use my red purse every day.Some days it just won't match my outfit.