Respected Contributor

Wanted a new handbag but decided to pull out something from my closet.  I switched out of my LV Noe bag and into my Coach Courtenay in blush.  I sometimes forget how much I love the bags that have been carefully packed away.  I have to remind myself that there is a reason I bought the bag, set nicely aside, and to give it some love.

This is not to say that I am not liking some of the fun Dooney colors and that I stil would not mind getting a new one but I am content right now.

Deb

Trusted Contributor

I enjoy shopping my closet.  I also carefully pack items not being used.  Being a widow I have no competition for closet space.  What's old is new again.  I chuckle when the young ladies think they have found a new designer with great new styles.  I still buy new but check my memory bank first.

Honored Contributor

Re: Re-Shopping My Closet

[ Edited ]

I've been pretty exclusively shopping my closet now for the past several months and am finding untold of treasures... I still get the urge to acquire, but haven't been capitulating very often at all... Why would I when there's a treasure trove at my disposal... New bags will always be a weakness, but past a point, it really is lunacy when there are so many options already at my disposal, many of them unused or barely used... I'm sorry to say, I think I might be going over to the dark side, as I increasingly have very little positive regard for the conspicuous consumption of more-more-more... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I shopped my closet yesterday and pulled out this cute vera bradley crossbody that i knot to make it a little shoulder bag.  i dont remember the name of this print, probably at least 15 yrs old

IMG_4645.JPG

Respected Contributor

I shopped my closet too and found my older Dooney Aquabag style. It's the right size and not super heavy!  Love to actually use what I already own!  Yay for not spending... ❣️Skye

Esteemed Contributor

I'm shopping my closet for handbags too. I have enough and haven't bought one in a year. I am using a black leather bag and will switch to another black leather bag soon.

Honored Contributor

I bought some clothes to replace some things that are getting too worn out , and bought a couple purses  for the same reason, but basically I am shopping my closet this spring and really enjoying myself. Wearing my pretty summer dresses to church & when we go out with friends. When I buy new and then look at my closet , it really makes me a little ashamed. I already have so many clothes!

Honored Contributor

I have been lusting after a new purse and looking at them online. I'm like an addict that needs a fix. I certainly do not need a purse, that's for sure. Anyway , something reminded me of a purse I have had for 52 years now so I dug around in my purse bin & got it out. I love this purse - that's why I've kept it all this time. So carrying it and loving it once again. While it doesn't look like new anymore - it is still in very decent shape. I had taken it once to the shoemaker & had it dyed which has really helped how nice it looks. I also still own a mini Coach bag that is about 35 to 40 years old.Still in perfect shape, but I rarely carry it so that is why it has lasted so long.

Respected Contributor

When storing good bags be sure to stuff them if they are not the sturdy types that hold shape when not carried.

I made the mistake of not doing this to LV bags. I did not squish or mash them but they were in a large drawer. A couple of my older bags developed small cracks. LV does not consider cracks as a warranty issue. The itty bitty crack was perfectly repaired but the company told me to store in a way that there are not "bends" created in the bag. Said that the leather conditioners are not effective. Do not expose to long periods of sun or low humidity.