Honored Contributor

@lulu1 wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

I ordered the TSV in tan.  It's small, but I really like the look of it.

@gidgetgh

I like the look of it too.  I ordered the pond for sister and me. I just thought it was different, and not a color we have already.

@lulu1- I think the pond color is really pretty. It took me a few days to decide which color to order. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

I think it depends on the individual. I am right-handed and wear my cross body bags on either side. It depends on the situation. 

If this is the same style of bag they have made since 1999, it must not be flawed. They couldn't sell as many. 

Women wear it however it is most comfortable. If it didn't work, they wouldn't have kept manufacturing them and selling them.  It could be that some don't like the wide strap in front.

So then there are options.

Respected Contributor

I just happened to see QVC UK's Top Value. I  think I like that much better!

The Windsor Flap Over 

Lovely shoulder bag sort of related to the Burnham Beeches.

144 pounds 96 on 3 easy pays.

They even feature the Scottie dog in the advert. (Dog not included!)

Honored Contributor

I can't decide if I like it.  It seems very thin and not deep enough for me but if I did order one it would be one of the two gray shades.

I also wondered about it being a right hand bag....I'm right handed and always wear my crossbody bags towards my left hip to easily reach into with my right hand.  I would think it would be awkward for those who are left handed.

Regular Contributor

How did I fall off the wagon and purchase the pond! Lol I hadn’t expected to like this crossbody, but the presentation sold me. Now I am contemplating getting a dark color, maybe the ink or black. Initially, I thought it was ugly until I viewed it on TV and became very impressed. Ink or black?? Hmmmm Hope you ladies love your new crossbody! 

Respected Contributor

I am right-handed also.  Use whatever way is best at the time. Never knew there was a "right" way to wear a crossbody. lol.

When I saw the illustration, I was unimpressed. When I saw a photo on a model, I liked it. When I discovered that it actually would expand, I liked it more. Never thought of it as a "pretty" bag, but there's something about the design....

I can see this on a young girl and I can also see on a senior. I can see it being used in an urban setting and also used for travel. It's handy being able to conceal a bag under a coat.

But you know what they say, if it doesn't "grab" you, it's best to pass it by and leave it for someone who really loves it.

Respected Contributor

Now I like the pond, but I am pragmatic and wear a lot of black. Smiley Happy

Since you have the pond, that would go nicely with blue. If you wear a lot of denim, earth and grey, I would get the ink. Gorgeous color. (I have two crossbodies in navy, so didn't need another)

Do you think you would get more use out of a black one? There's one thing about it:  black is black and it goes  with most colors. Shades of blue go in and out of vogue.

Good luck with your pick!

Respected Contributor

NONONO!  The TSV and the other pocket bags do not come with a dust bag despite the fact that they are leather.  That rep is not knowledgeable!!!  They need to correct!!!

Respected Contributor

I really enjoyed seeing the Scotties. Really made my night. Cute! Yes, I deliberately tuned in to see them@

Considering all the hustling that goes on set, they were well-behaved. 

Regular Contributor

Hi JavaQueen, 

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my conundrum! I agreed with your comments and bought the pond along with black and navy! I’ll see if the navy is as luxurious as it appeared online. I don’t own a navy bag so I decided to give it a try. The black is a staple and I do love a black bag. I wanted to implement a crossbody like this because it is flatter than most and for day trips and shopping this is a lovely bag. I tend to be pragmatic, as well. The pond is a stepping out of my box! Thank you for responding! Enjoy the weekend!