Regular Contributor

JavaQueen,

Which one is  the D&B Florentine  crossover? Is it a QVC item? I am not sure if the Radley will hold a small umbrella, but you can check once you receive the bag. The black is quite appealing. I hope you like it. Once it arrives, let me know what you think. 😀

Respected Contributor

@angel8 wrote:

JavaQueen, 

I received the pond the other day and fell in love. A beautiful color! It truly shows as mint and the utilitarian aspect is ideal for my purpose. Now, today the black and navy arrived....ahh! The navy’s rich color has me sold. Since I don’t own an everyday bag in this tone I will keep it. The black is always the go to staple handbag. A classic color which is timeless. The structure and design is unique and incredibly practical. Naturally, you can’t carry the kitchen sink and that wasn’t my reason for purchasing this crossbody. The leather gorgeous and I know I made a super decision! In the future I wouldn’t hesitate to buy another Radley! JavaQueen, Thank you for your positive support! 

@angel8

I'm thinking I received ASH and not POND.  My bag is definitely gray, not even the slightest hint of mont. (I put it next to a mint top and they definitely are not in the same color pallet)  POND sold out early so it isn't even on the product video.

The hang tag states there is a care booklet inside the bag.  I do not have one.  Did all of you receive one?

Respected Contributor

angel8, It's fold over crossbody.  Smiley Happy They did it in Florentine, pebble, smooth leather, and saffiano. It's an older style. The  Q no longer carries the version in Florentine and that's a shame.  You only have the duck emblem instead of the name brand and I prefer that. It can be used as a clutch and you can fold in the little hooks where the strap attaches. Perfect for my large cell, small wallet, keys and Metro card holder.  It's my go-to for just running down to the store, laundry, etc. I felt it too dressy and was looking for another option. They kept showing the vendor rep putting a tiny umbrella.

Looking forward to it. I'll let you know what I think.

Regular Contributor

Lulu1,

The pond is a light mint, but I definitely wouldn’t consider it gray. You may have received an incorrect color. I did receive a care booklet inside. Perhaps you got a return FSU ca there was an email sent prior to the airing of the TSV. I thought I read that someone compared the mint to gray, however I don’t find that to be true. I even placed mine in the light and the mint is a lighter tone, but don’t see gray. Call customer service and allow them to assist you in getting the pond. Hope this helps! Keep us posted. 

Respected Contributor

I have noticed that is on sale on macys web site. I actually like their hobs; remind me sort of like Coach. (and that's not a bad thing.)

You might want to see if someone has posted a review on Youtube. Women often give reviews of bags.

FYI: Radley London's web site often provides videos of the bag. They will demonstrate what fits in the bag.

Good luck. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Radley London

[ Edited ]

I went and picked mine up at the PO.

First of all the box looked like it was used for football practice. Not kiddlng.  I undid it athe PO and tossed the box, because there's no way it could be reused. Shame on them. Fortunately, the item was packed so carefully that there wasn't a scratch.

My thought: 

Really classy and the leather is really smooth. It's sleek. I don't understand comments about how women couldn't put their hand in or the zipper scatched them. That wasn't the problem. I don't think it's a "left-handed bag." But do you know what drives me crazy? It won't fit the "brolly" that I own. I have two regular totes umbrellas. No way. Perhaps a mini, mini umbrella. Because all I wanted it for was a few essentials and an umbrella.

What bothers me more is not that current umbrella won't fit, but that the vendor and the hosts said that you could put an umbrella and demostrated that. There's no way that I thought anyone could put all those things in. And purchased this on the basis of a demonstration showing a "brolly." This very type of thing happened with the Dooney and Bourke Zip Sac.  Both of these items were based on the recommendation of the host and the vendor.  

And while I'm at it, Jane T. deliberately said that women from "4'11 to 5'11" can wear this on the shoulder. I am  just over 5'3 and I can wear it on shoulder ok. But I really don't see someone under 5'0 wearing it. No way. She also burbled on about the dust bag. Not that is not a killer for me, but there she was. I think the poor rep was so tired that she didn't correct her. (She'd been up 26 hours straight.)

So it's either I keep it and deal with umbrella situation or just send it back. These are first world issues, I know. 

I won't discourage anyone from getting this, because it's nice. Just know what you'rte getting

(I had to go back and edit my initial thoughts so that they were a bit more coherent Overall, I don't have problems with the product. It's a presentation issue.)

Respected Contributor

Radley London has launched a "sunshine sale." Check out the prices.

Maybe I should get my umbrella over there LOL.

Regular Contributor

JavaQueen,

Pleased to hear you did find the quality of the Radley acceptable. The crushed box is deplorable! Radley packages incredibly well, but various shipping companies don’t care. Often times I receive DSW boxes torn and busted. I have repeatedly complained about those boxes arriving in a disgraceful condition.

I agree with you about the vendor and hosts showing the amount of items that can be placed in the bag. The hosts said an umbrella can fit. Sorry that it won’t fit since this was a major factor for you. It is a splendid bag. I hope you keepi it,  it if you feels it fails you in practicality then you should return it. Maybe you can use this for smaller items and find another crossbosy that will accommodate an umbrella. For the amount, I do believe it should have come with a dust bag. 

I am 5’4 and it is appropriate for my size. Anyone under 5’ it would look strange. The sleek natire of the bag really is chic. Let us know your final decision. Happy Memorial  Day weekend! 

Respected Contributor

I sent it back in the end. It was a mix of things.

I am short-waisted and somehow it ddin't look quite right.. It actually made me mad. There are certain bags that don't work for me. I just had to be honest. I could wear it, but it wouldn't be the best look. Nothing to do with the construction of the bag, or quality. I couldn't bring myself to use it. I kept going to my DB Florentine crossbody. I really should get another one of those. It works so well and it can be worn in a variety of ways.

It doesn't mean that I wouldn't like another Radley London bag. Just not that one.

Also, I purchased a Dooney Flynn on ebay. It's one of those "I bid on it and no one outbid me" things.  It was a great deal at $71. I'll probably use it a lot. It's lightweight. It's big, but not the biggest bag out there. I had purchased one from the Q, but I had looked at that price tag and said nope. But what concerned me about that one was the the bottom had started to warp and I hadn't really used it or put anything heavy. I don't know who had used it before me. For the price of an EZ pay, I had the same one I sent back.

There's no point in having a new bag, if there's  no money to put it in it. LOL. Smiley Happy