Respected Contributor

@Ilovelife123 wrote:

@MorningLover wrote:

@Ilovelife123 @IlliniGirl88 @SahmIam @1Professor @

You won't believe this.....

The Roma 4 price has changed !!

new price $ 285.00   Featured Price $ 259.20 

It was listed yesterday for $ 244.00 !! ( reg. price )

I had wondered if a Featured Price would be offered !

Edited to say.......( My post # 18 is Proof !! )

QVC PRICE: $285.00

FEATURED PRICE:

$259.20

+ S&H: $11.72

or $51.84 x 5 Easy Pays + S&H and tax

Yes, this is unreal. I called CS (because the site is down. Convenient my ***) I ordered the navy ostrich yesterday knowing I had some time, being that it won't ship until 4/11. She said "Oh yes, it seems they did raise the price"...IN TWENTY FOUR HOURS? Good grief QVC...

@Ilovelife123 I'm not convinced the ostrich will soften . That's

what concerns me. The Milano ostrich never softened like the

original Roma's.

Respected Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

It would be VERY interesting if Jill addressed the questions/concerns we, the customers of GILI, have discussed here.

At least we would know they actually READ these threads.

@SahmIam  I believe they read them for moderation, but are very selective in responding to our questions.  The reason I say this, is because we've asked repeatedly about the disappearing foldover and the only answer I can get is that the vendor hasn't responded.  Well, I'm the type that will hound you until I do get an answer from the vendor, but still haven't heard anything from QVC.  I'm wondering if they think we've forgotten we asked them the question, and no, we haven't.  We're still wondering what happened to the foldover.

Respected Contributor

@MorningLover @Ilovelife123 @IlliniGirl88 @stevieb & Roma 2 lovers:

That disturbing price change does it for me and GILI bags. (And I have many Roma 2s and large Romas and a stirrup, all Lisa stuff.)

No, the ostrich is not going to soften. Partly because they are doing cheaper leather these days. Cheaper everything, including hardware.

Did they really think we wouldn't notice the price INCREASE? Really?

Sometimes I wonder if some of the GILI bag customers who keep buying them don't have a high quality bag, for comparison as to what we should demand? Low expectations?

Respected Contributor

@Ilovelife123 @1Professor @MorningLover @SahmIam @stevieb @Chi-town girl @culebra

I just went through the G.I.L.I. bags to compare anything that would be close to the Roma 4.  The closest item I found is the Large Roma Tote A259716.  It's 20x15 and the depth has to be wrong in the specs (says it's 1.5").  Anyway, that bag has a shoulder strap, but it has the interior cinch.  If you watch the video, she opens the bag all the way and shows how it looks.  It's so big, and I don't see how anyone could honestly carry it on their shoulder without it looking like a gigantic gym bag.  It looks so much nicer when it's cinched first.  One of the models is wearing it too, but it looks cinched.  Does anyone have the Large Roma Tote that you could post a picture of it uncinched and wearing on your shoulder with the shoulder strap only?  I'm so curious what it would look like. 

Respected Contributor

@IlliniGirl88

Gili Large Roma Natural Ostrich

Respected Contributor

@IlliniGirl88

Respected Contributor

@MorningLover wrote:

@IlliniGirl88

@MorningLover Can you post a pic wearing the purse on our shoulder using shoulder strap?  Awesome bag, by the way!Woman Very Happy

Respected Contributor

@MorningLover wrote:

@IlliniGirl88

@MorningLover:

Such a lovely bag in your photos. I HAVE that large Roma in natural ostrich and am going to fetch it from the handbag closet right now. You reminded me how much I adore it! 

*also have the large Roma in terra cotta; the softest luxe pebble-leather ever*

Respected Contributor

@MorningLover wrote:

@IlliniGirl88

They're all using the handles to carry the bag, no one is using the shoulder strap. 

Respected Contributor

@IlliniGirl88 I'll keep looking but so far I haven't found a pic with anyone using the long strap.