Respected Contributor

@Neecole wrote:

Ok, so they came!!

Navy ostrich is a gorgeous color, but has some issues with the dots, there are some extra dots where there aren't bumps and of course it is right on the front...

It can definately have the sides pulled in, maybe with a little training, nothing heavy inside needed.

The ostrich os softer than my Roma and Roma 2's, but it is still not a squishy leather.

Stands up on it's own.

Not sure I like the painted leather seams as well as the top stitched ones?

Something seems not quite right to me with the proportion, but perhaps it is me being so used to the Roma 2s, maybe becuase the straps are longer, not sure?

Sorry the pictures are sideways...

The last picture is the best representation of color.

20160407_141707.jpg20160407_141730.jpg20160407_141855.jpg

@Neecole Thanks for the pics ! I understand what you are

saying about the ostrich dots. They should be perfect for

the price of these bags. I'm still not crazy about the new hardware and little tassel - thingy . I don't understand why

they can't get it right !!

Like @Chi-town girl said Let customer service know and

if you decide to keep this color...have a new one sent

to you. Q pays ....Defective product ! 

Honored Contributor

@MorningLover wrote:

@Neecole wrote:

Ok, so they came!!

Navy ostrich is a gorgeous color, but has some issues with the dots, there are some extra dots where there aren't bumps and of course it is right on the front...

It can definately have the sides pulled in, maybe with a little training, nothing heavy inside needed.

The ostrich os softer than my Roma and Roma 2's, but it is still not a squishy leather.

Stands up on it's own.

Not sure I like the painted leather seams as well as the top stitched ones?

Something seems not quite right to me with the proportion, but perhaps it is me being so used to the Roma 2s, maybe becuase the straps are longer, not sure?

Sorry the pictures are sideways...

The last picture is the best representation of color.

20160407_141707.jpg20160407_141730.jpg20160407_141855.jpg

@Neecole Thanks for the pics ! I understand what you are

saying about the ostrich dots. They should be perfect for

the price of these bags. I'm still not crazy about the new hardware and little tassel - thingy . I don't understand why

they can't get it right !!

Like @Chi-town girl said Let customer service know and

if you decide to keep this color...have a new one sent

to you. Q pays ....Defective product ! 

@Neecole

I would send it back as defective too.  That to me is unacceptable especially for how much the bag cost.  I already returned my blue cobra.  I was going to give a couple days but everytime I took it out of the box and carried it around the house the more I knew I didn't like it.  

Trusted Contributor

Unfortunately, I feel the same way you do @Pecky. Plus there is a strong odor, probably a chemical? I'm wondering if I send it back could I mark as defective due to this. I so wanted to love this bag.

Honored Contributor

@LIndaMJ wrote:

Unfortunately, I feel the same way you do @Pecky. Plus there is a strong odor, probably a chemical? I'm wondering if I send it back could I mark as defective due to this. I so wanted to love this bag.

@LIndaMJ

What color did you get @LIndaMJ?  I so wanted to love it too. 

Trusted Contributor

@Pecky, the blue cobra. I really love the coloring and the pattern. Wish I knew it would be offered in the future in a different style.

Respected Contributor

@MorningLover

I just got them and am getting ready to run out the door.  UPS came really late today.  I did unbox them and really didn't have time to look at them, but I don't think I like the camo.  It's kind of bleached out looking.  I'll take pics tomorrow and post.Woman Very Happy

Super Contributor

it's pretty but the dots would bug me!!!  

Does anyone know why the key to the lock is buried in the tassel??? Makes no sense to me.  I'd like it to show.  

Honored Contributor

@IlliniGirl88 wrote:

@MorningLover

I just got them and am getting ready to run out the door.  UPS came really late today.  I did unbox them and really didn't have time to look at them, but I don't think I like the camo.  It's kind of bleached out looking.  I'll take pics tomorrow and post.Woman Very Happy

I'm not a camo fan, but did notice in the pictures and video that the camo looked almost like it had been slightly bleached.

The blue ostrich was a very pretty color, but it's unfortunate the dots don't seem always to coincide with the raised areas. 

Unfortunatley, again, it looks as though QVC has diluted the quality of this brand while keeping prices high. Profit is always important to a retailer, but quality, value and customer satisfaction should be too...

This line has a cadre of dedicated followers and used to have even more. Sooner or later, though, repeated disappointments cut into the bottom line too. Scrimping on details at this price level is just plain foolhardy.

Such a shame.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@IlliniGirl88 @Ilovelife123 @morning lover @Pecky @Neecole @LIndaMJ

Wow! Thanks to all for reports, however brief. 

I cancelled my blue ostrich, after the show; too stiff for the style of hobo I like, but sad that they didn't get the ostrich right!

Now I'm waiting for the camo. For me, faded would be GREAT. Love a faded camo. Found two excellent Roma 2 tassles I could add to the bag (the tassle-thingy has to go).

West coast always waits the longest . . .

Honored Contributor

@LIndaMJ wrote:

@LIndaMJ Sorry to hear that. I had to return my large Gili tote and Roma 3 for the same reason. I was wondering if there was rhyme or reason to why some bags have odor and some do not.

I was also wondering if it had to do anything with the solid bags no longer having Italian leather. Gili Jill mentioned the exotics were Italian leather, but didn't on the others. Anyone know more about this? Or interpreted it the same way?