Honored Contributor

@1Professor wrote:

@Ilovelife123 @MorningLover @IlliniGirl88 @Chi-Town girl 

Day #2 with the Roma 4 Camo: Still in love.

Things I've learned:

• The Roma 4 is slightly smaller than the Roma 2 (I have them hanging next to one another) and the leather is a wee bit thinner, therefore squishier (nothing, however, is as soft as the pebble leather LARGE Roma).

• If you carry it by the strap (not handles), it folds into itself, like a beloved hobo should. Carry it by the handles (over shoulder) and it goes into tote form.

• I can live without the metal hardware to join the two sides (from Roma 2). It was actually HEAVY hardware. I only used it for a key holder. The key holders on Brahmin and Dooney are much more convenient, small, inside the bag.

• It looks gorgeous without the tassle-thingy. Especially true for camo and exotics, I think, that have a lot going on already.

@1Professor - I'm not finding this to be true - your statement above that I bolded.

The Roma 4 functions just like the Roma 2. Unless I have it filled with larger/wider items like a laptop or portfolio, the side tucks stay in even when I have it over my shoulders using the handles.  My Blue Cobra doesn't open up like a tote. The side clip is not a necessity, I typically use it in my R2 bags to clip my keys. 

Loving my Blue Cobra R4 Heart 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

@Dawnie wrote:

@MorningLover   I received the R4 Nude Snake.  Beautiful.  Will "play" with it today.

Im in love with the Grey and the Olive Camo vests!   

@Dawnie  I'm so glad you like it. R4 exotics are easy

to train !  Smiley Very Happy

They're so different and soft and light weight !!

I'm thinking about gettng the BC next. Smiley Happy

Glad to hear the Camo vest worked out for you. I

had 2 sizes in the Grey delivered but it didn't look

nice on me. Smiley Sad

Check back with any new R4 stories....Smiley Happy Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@1Professor wrote:

Things I've learned:

• The Roma 4 is slightly smaller than the Roma 2 (I have them hanging next to one another) and the leather is a wee bit thinner, therefore squishier (nothing, however, is as soft as the pebble leather LARGE Roma).

• If you carry it by the strap (not handles), it folds into itself, like a beloved hobo should. Carry it by the handles (over shoulder) and it goes into tote form.

• I can live without the metal hardware to join the two sides (from Roma 2). It was actually HEAVY hardware. I only used it for a key holder. The key holders on Brahmin and Dooney are much more convenient, small, inside the bag.

• It looks gorgeous without the tassle-thingy. Especially true for camo and exotics, I think, that have a lot going on already.

@1Professor - I'm not finding this to be true - your statement above that I bolded.

The Roma 4 functions just like the Roma 2. Unless I have it filled with larger/wider items like a laptop or portfolio, the side tucks stay in even when I have it over my shoulders using the handles.  My Blue Cobra doesn't open up like a tote. The side clip is not a necessity, I typically use it in my R2 bags to clip my keys. 

@Chi-town girl  I agree with you !! ....LOVING my Nude

Snake R4.

Also ..even though the straps are the same length,

the R4 fills like I have a little bit more room when 

wearing on my shoulder.

Honored Contributor

@MorningLover wrote:

Update on my R4 training ! It's been hanging on a door

handle since Monday evening with 2 water bottles and

it looks great !

Training is done ! Smiley Happy

For anyone who still isn't sure heres my opinion. Smiley Happy

The exotic skins are able to slouch inward nicely. The

straps fit over my shoulder easily. It lays against the

body and feels soft and smooth to the touch.Heart

I will wear it this way the most.

Now when getting into your R4 it wants to open

up wide and begins to puddle. So you have to decide

if this will bother you ! ...or install some sort of cinch clip.

When hanging I don't think it looks as big as R2

because the leather is thinner and kind of slinky !  Smiley Wink

@1Professor Has reviewed the Camo leather and 

says that it is very soft and squishy !  Smiley Surprised

@MorningLover - I don't think the exotics (not including the ostrich) need much if any training. My Blue Cobra held the side tuck immediately.  I've been using her now for 3 days. She's just like my Roma2 Cream Snake. Both the R2 and R4 exotics are unstructured bags that will puddle unless you use a purse organizer. 

Per your comment above in bold, I don't think the side clip is essential. The side tuck stays tucked just by pushing it in for both my R2 & R4 bags. It's nearly impossible to get anything out of the Roma2 if the side clip is not open. I rarely use the side clip in my R2 to cinch it, it's used to clip my keys. The R2 opens wide & puddles just like the R4. IMO a purse organizer is essential to add structure & organization.to these slouchy bags. 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@Dawnie wrote:

@MorningLover   I received the R4 Nude Snake.  Beautiful.  Will "play" with it today.

Im in love with the Grey and the Olive Camo vests!   

@Dawnie - enjoy your new goodies Heart

Honored Contributor

@MorningLover wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@1Professor wrote:

Things I've learned:

@Chi-town girl  I agree with you !! ....LOVING my Nude

Snake R4. Next....Blue Cobra.......then Camo Heart

Also ..even though the straps are the same length,

the R4 fills like I have a little bit more room when 

wearing on my shoulder.

@MorningLover - yes, I too feel like there is slightly more give with the R4 handle drop. I noticed it when taking my comparison photos of the R2 & R4.

Glad you rec'd winners.

I'm thinking about getting the R4 camo, but I'm also interested in the camo canvas tote that is yet to be posted. I like both the orange & navy

12642549_10153705287807891_7908249747413928203_n.jpg

Honored Contributor

@MorningLover - since we both are thinking about adding more R4 to our collections,  perhaps the best strategy is to stop bragging about them Woman LOL

We'll have a better chance to get brand new bags vs returns at reduced pricing if everyone thinks they are horrible & don't buy them *wink* we have nothing personally to gain by promoting/enabling sales.

There are a few constantly miserable crabby posters that delight in trashing the handbag and the GILI brand, so I think I'll just let 'er rip to my personal advantage Woman LOL Woman LOL Woman LOL 

Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl

Honored Contributor

@MorningLover wrote:

@Chi-town girl

@MorningLover - putting a new spin on 'resourcefulness' - uh huh, uh huh, uh huh

Brilliant!!! Woman LOL Woman LOL Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

@IlliniGirl88 wrote:

@1Professor wrote:

@sunshine45 @Ilovelife123 @MorningLover @Pecky @IlliniGirl88

Well, as I reported, I DID order the blue camo GILI vest (now shown on the Q with Amy), but liked the way the GREY was showing, so ordered that one, too (just before it SOLD OUT). One will go back.

The camo stuff always sells out (remember the GILI camo jacket?).

@1Professor  Oh, you're too funny, because you know, no camo ever goes back once it enters the home

@IlliniGirl88: Both camo vests finally arrived. It does seem like one should go back. (They look great with the collar zipped!) Which one?

Did you keep a camo vest?

Will a camo vest even allow me to return it????? Wondering.