Valued Contributor

@MorningLover That is one gorgeous bag in espresso brown lizard. I am more of a shoe person but I have a few nice bags. Definitely have this bag on my wish list and I'm due for a new spring bag.

"The love you extend to others, will eventually find it's way back to you, no matter how many times it has left you hurt."
Respected Contributor

@Debzzz wrote:

@MorningLover That is one gorgeous bag in espresso brown lizard. I am more of a shoe person but I have a few nice bags. Definitely have this bag on my wish list and I'm due for a new spring bag.

@Debzzz I'm sorry if I confused you by posting the Roma 2 photo.

This exact bag with lush tassel is not being made anymore. We are

upset and confused as to why QVC would stop offering this bag.

Since Lisa R left we have seen the quality and design of GILI go

downhill. While pricing has gone up ! There is a new bag due out in

April " Roma 4 ", but I'm not sure if it's going to meet our

expectations !! The last GILI TSV ..Verona Hobo has had many

quality issues.

The Roma 2 expresso brown lizard is gorgeous! I don't have

this one. The only place to find the Roma 2 would be on ebay !Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I own the espresso lizard bag.  It is a beauty!  I also own a black leather, cream snake and natural ostrich.  I love all of my ROMA 2 bags.  They are the best for work and traveling and for every day.  They are also versatile.  I can for work turn them into a tote when I am carrying file folders as well as an I Pad or laptop.

Honored Contributor

I love my black roma 2!  I'd love an outside pocket.  I love the big tassel!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Frequent Contributor

Thamks for reminding me about this bag- I have the natural ostrich and just got it out of the dust bag and back into use. It is perfect for this time of year- only wish that I had gotten a black one when I could. Does anyone condition theirs?

Honored Contributor

@mkinpa wrote:

Thamks for reminding me about this bag- I have the natural ostrich and just got it out of the dust bag and back into use. It is perfect for this time of year- only wish that I had gotten a black one when I could. Does anyone condition theirs?

I've been carrying my black one for awhile-love it!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

@mkinpa wrote:

I've been carrying my black one for awhile-love it!

@winamac1 I  have the Roma 2 in Black too !         (retired )

Valued Contributor

I know this thread is a few months old, but I have a question about the iteration of the Roma 2 bag with the cracking handles issues. I read in this forum that one person bought that version and used some sort of sealant on the handles before using the bag and that worked.  I've searched the community and cannot find that post now.

Has anyone else tried this?  If so, what type of sealant did you use, and did it work?

Thanks in advance for any responses!

Honored Contributor

@Jen44 I remember when the bag with flawed handle connector loops was new and there were lots of products being discussed that seemed to work, but I don't recall the names of any of them. I did, however, Google leather sealant for handbag handles and lots of hits turned up. Perhaps one of them will have the information you seek, if no one here remembers a name.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

Re: ROMA 2 LOVERS

[ Edited ]

@Jen44 wrote:

I know this thread is a few months old, but I have a question about the iteration of the Roma 2 bag with the cracking handles issues. I read in this forum that one person bought that version and used some sort of sealant on the handles before using the bag and that worked.  I've searched the community and cannot find that post now.

Has anyone else tried this?  If so, what type of sealant did you use, and did it work?

Thanks in advance for any responses!

@Jen44  I purchased a Roma 2 Brown Snake that had

a few small cracks around the area that attaches to

the gold rings. The handles were fine. The cracks

were not noticeable unless you were looking for them.

This is what I found online and tried. I think it will

prevent any further cracking. 

warfieldfamily.com/2013/02/how-to-fix-a-leather-purse-strap/