Valued Contributor

@MorningLover  @stevieb Thanks so much, ladies!

Respected Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Jen44 I remember when the bag with flawed handle connector loops was new and there were lots of products being discussed that seemed to work, but I don't recall the names of any of them. I did, however, Google leather sealant for handbag handles and lots of hits turned up. Perhaps one of them will have the information you seek, if no one here remembers a name.

@stevieb @Jen44   Here are a few examples below .

These are not my bags.

I  only had a few cracks Starting and used e6000

clear adhesive to fill in between the cracks. I applied

it with a toothpick ! I didn't want mine ending up like

the ones in these pics. I have several Roma 2s and

only the Brown Snake had a few minor cracks.

These bags look pretty bad !

Maybe if all the cracked area is removed, several

coats of Edge Kote can be applied to help restore

them. Finding a good Edge Kote color match

might be tricky !

I wonder if anyone that has a R2 with this problem

has had any success in repairing them .

Honored Contributor

Thanks for posting @MorningLover. I recall some of the horror stories. I guess I've been lucky as none of my Romas have shown signs of cracking... at least not yet. I remember at the time quite a few buyers were fit to be tied, justifiably feeling that a bit more should've been done in the way of product testing and quality control. I recall too, though, that the products you mentioned seemed to resolve the problem for many and then they redesigned that part of the bag for the version that followed.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

Re: ROMA 2 LOVERS

[ Edited ]

I can't use the notifications on my PC at work, but thanks morning lover for sharing the pics below.  I bought some Roma 2s from eBay, and I haven't used them yet.  I wanted to try to seal the parts with "known cracking issues" before I do use them to try to prevent it.

Thanks again!