Frequent Contributor

Hey everyone..I don't usually post here but looking for some advice.  I  need a lightweight medium size crossbody to use daily, but also to use going to Bahamas in 2 weeks.  I've looked at Kipling and Lug..can't seem to find a good size...I want room for kindle, phone, passport and other necessities for traveling.  

Any help would be great.  Thanks in advanceSmiley Happy

Valued Contributor

@KimmC Vera Bradley has some nice ones.

Sometimes the strength within you is not a big fiery flame for all to see. It is just a tiny spark that whispers ever so softly "You Got This - Keep Going"
Honored Contributor

Second vote for Vera Bradley.  

Valued Contributor

Rick Steves website - I have my travel bag from there. 

Super Contributor

Travelon. Seriously,  . .   Travelon.

Life is tough, but I am tougher!!
Trusted Contributor

@KimmCAre you wanting something to carry on the airplane?

I carry a Healthy backpack with a crossbody inside for later use.

I would go to TJ Maxxs or Marshalls because they have a lot of cloth or canvas crossbody bags. My sister-in-law just bought one by Lily Bloom that was very nice.

Trusted Contributor

World's Best™ Memory Foam U-Shaped Neck Pillow in Navy

@KimmCI always take travel neck pillow. Bed Bath and Beyond.

Honored Contributor

@KimmC- I recently bought my first Kipling, specifically to take on vacation.

It was perfect.  I bought the Alvar.  There are two sizes of the Alvar.  I bought the larger one.  Lots of pockets, very lightweight.  I was able to carrry my full sized wallet, other stuff I needed AND it held my ipad mini (I didn't want to leave it in the hotel room).

I have since bought the smaller Alvar- used it last week to go shopping with a friend.  It's perfect for that situation, but I had to use just a little sleeve thing for my cash and credit cards.  But it was great for an afternoon out kind of thng.

QVC carries the Alvar.  You can usually get a good deal at Macy's.  Kipling's site has several on sale right now and their shipping is very fast and I believe their shipping is free right now.  I ordered one over the weekend and it's being delivered today.

I like Vera Bradley also, but since they're quilted, I feel like I'm already starting out with bulk.  With the Kipling, since they're nylon, you don't have that.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

Vera Bradley triple zip - look on their website they have them in many patterns and solid colors.

Honored Contributor

My suggestion would be to hit TJ Maxx... They generally have almost a whole wall of them. You'll pay less and avoid shipping.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...