Respected Contributor

Qvc2 Tignanello crossbody daily special

I think it is a cute crossbody but the only part that is leather is those two panels across front and back.  The trim, side gussets, and strap is plastic.  There is nothing wrong with that except don't call it a leather purse.  Call it a partially leather purse or a plastic purse with leather panels.  I am not snobby about much of anything.  I will buy clothes from walmart but I just personally want leather shoes and purses.  I guess we all have our quirks.

Valued Contributor

Re: Qvc2 Tignanello crossbody daily special

I like leather too, but have so many handbags and switch them up a lot, so I'll never wear one out.  A little faux leather doesn't bother me.  I like the style.

Esteemed Contributor

It's misleading to call it leather when it's not.There is nothing wrong with faux leather at all. But call it like it is so that the customer isn't duped!!

Trusted Contributor

Its a pretty cross body.  YES present it for what it was.

I would purchase but I just bought a clearance dooney cross body, the suede sawyer bag.

IT WAS A PLEASURE TO WATCH ALBERTI PRESENT IT !  TO ME, JUST MY OPINION, HE CAN PRESENT ANYTHING AND I ENJOY HIM EACH AND EVERY TIME.

Trusted Contributor

We all have our QVC pet peeves, and this is mine.  Do NOT call it a leather handbag when many of the important features (Straps, bottom, sides) are made of plastic/vinyl/man-made materials...whatever they choose to call it!  Often times this is not even mentioned in individual presentations.  Deceitful in my opinion, and it makes me lose trust.

Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

It's misleading to call it leather when it's not.There is nothing wrong with faux leather at all. But call it like it is so that the customer isn't duped!!

And price it accordingly... 

Ninety bucks for this bag, plus five to ship, plus tax... For a hundred bucks, I can do better... Tig bags sell for about half the QVC price at discount stores...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

This really caught my eye because I have been looking for a crossbody about this size. I normally like big bags but the organization on this bag is quite functional. However, it's disappointing to see that this is not all leather. Just wished they would say that in the presentation. Rather misleading. 

Respected Contributor

The description says that the body is 100% leather with man-made trim.  If you're right, that is very misleading and wrong!

I would have been interested in this bag if it was all leather, AND if I hadn't recently found the (near) perfect bag for me at a craft fair in June.  I don't need a whole handbag wardrobe, so my hunt is over!

Honored Contributor

@chiclet,   I agree that it is a good looking bag and I never noticed that the panels were plastic.   I also question the quality of the leather used.  For $20 more, I can purchase a Kate Spade pebble leather bag.  In fact, the last sale they had I purchased a $300 bag for $89 in Indigo pebble leather.  It is a stunning bag. It came in 2 other colors, a medium size crossbody or shoulder bag.  Cat Happy

kindness is strength