Valued Contributor

Questions about Lug Carousel XL

I just received my first Lug bag, the Carousel XL. I am not familiar with how they normally package their handbags and am wondering if, unlike other brands, they do not put any paper stuffing inside.  My bag didn't have any and, I believe as a result, the top of the bag (where the main compartment zips) is somewhat messed up.  On each end of the zipper, the top sinks in, and in the middle, the top has an uneven raised place. I have played around with it for quite a while--pushing and pulling to smooth the shape--but to no avail. Is this normal for Lug bags?

Respected Contributor

Re: Questions about Lug Carousel XL

[ Edited ]

I just bought my first Lugs (only have a few) off of their weekly "LugLive" shows online, this past year. I got a Coupe, Swivel and Can Can. 

No paper packing inside ever, other than their marketing cards, and can't recall, maybe one slip of tissue or thin styroform. But not heavily stuffed with tissue or anything like that. No denting occured on mine, so if you are dissatisfied and it's misshapen, and won't pop back to normal, you should have QVC replace it...if still available.

Or, if you are beyond Q's 30 days, or they no longer have stock to exchange it with, you could contact Lug's customer service. This may not fall under a "warranty" issue, but they still might help you. I had a damaged item, they replaced and didn't even have me send the other back. Good luck!

Honored Contributor

@qualityshopper wrote:

I just received my first Lug bag, the Carousel XL. I am not familiar with how they normally package their handbags and am wondering if, unlike other brands, they do not put any paper stuffing inside.  My bag didn't have any and, I believe as a result, the top of the bag (where the main compartment zips) is somewhat messed up.  On each end of the zipper, the top sinks in, and in the middle, the top has an uneven raised place. I have played around with it for quite a while--pushing and pulling to smooth the shape--but to no avail. Is this normal for Lug bags?

return as defective will never be right

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have this exact Lug bag in two colors and it was not stuffed with tissue when it arrived, but it was not misshapened either. Return the bag as defective and request a replacement.

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Esteemed Contributor

The few Lug bags that I have also have always arrived packaged flat with no tissue paper inside.  None were damaged in transit.

Super Contributor

Sounds as though it was a used bag.  My Lug bags always come in a plastic bag.  Knock on wood.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have MANY Lug bags and none of them come with a packing inside.  I have 4 Carousel XL and they came wrapped in a plastic bag and were sometimes pressed flat or nearly flat.  They are made of cloth.  As you use the bag and stuff it, the bag will start to ease up.  Why would you buy a nylon bag like this if you wanted it to be stiff?  If you don't like this bag then you won't like any of the Lug brand.

Valued Contributor

Thanks everyone for confirming that these bags are not shipped with paper stuffing. Good to know. 

I've called Lug to see what they have to say, but I had to leave a voicemail. I'll wati to hear from them before deciding whether to exchange it or not.

@luvmybeetle --As to your comment about why would I buy a nylon bag if I wanted it to be stiff. I was not expecting it to be stiff (that would be stupid!), but I did not expect the top to be so misshapened. I have watched many presentations, past and present, for this bag as well as for other styles, and I have not noticed any that were as misshapened as mine. Some were, to a degree, but not like this. My bag is pretty bad. Maybe you've just been lucky, or I am being unlucky and ended up receiving a bag that was not made to their usual standards. It really is quite noticeable.

Esteemed Contributor

My Lug XL was wrapped in plastic and folded flat. There were 2 dents in the bottom corner of the bag, so I folded a smallish bath towel, put it inside the bag to fill all crevices and hung it on a doorknob for a couple of days. That pretty much took care of the dents for me. The longer I carry it, the better it is.

New Contributor

I too recieved my 1st Lug bag "Ranger" & it was packaged in a flimsy, clear plastic bag & then inside the QVC white plastic bag.  No protection, no stuffing.  Bag was smashed flat, corners crushed down.  I am returning due to that,  plus a zipper was not sewed in the seam even & a quited pocket on front side was sewen on crooked.   Seems like with an expensive item,  it should at least be mailed in a box.

I also ordered the Lug Carousel XL bag,  which I love the size & how pockets & interior are designed, but I purchased this bag from Kohl's.com because I had a 40% discount.

My only complaint with this bag is I purchased "Bloom Black" print & the print colors are much less "bright" or "bold" in color.   Same pattern, but almost like the print is "faded"  or NO brightness to colors,  nothing like is shown on Lug.com , QVC VIDEOS  or Kohl's  site, much lighter colors in the print,  NOT 'bright' at all.

A positive to kohl's shipment,  the Lug bag came shipped in a large BOX, & Lug bag/purse had a huge plastic bubble filled tight with air , inside the bag to keep shape of bag,  NO smashed or crushed bag.    Why can't QVC protect their Lug shipments & protect the Product like this ???