Respected Contributor

Re: Question about Florentine leather

[ Edited ]

@faeriemoon wrote:

@libbyannE wrote:

@Adamlambert wrote:

I have a few and they don't really scratch. DH has travel bags and are fine in the natural. The leather is soooo rich looking. I really dislike plastic saffiano. I mainly have pebble leather and samba. The thing I'm not thrilled about w the florentine is the red and green suede. I really dislike that but since it only shows on the tassels and zipper I keep buying!  

@adamlambert

I agree about plastic.-looking saffiano. I love florentine, pebble, and found the samba leather especially fine. I wish they would make more in samba, but I know the leather, German cowhide, is pricey. The new florentine Toscana bags have brown suede inside which you might like!

The samba leather is really nice, but I avoid the styles with that silly looking lock that makes the bag look like a teenager's bag.  The Toledo leather is beautiful too, but I'm not sure they're using that anymore.

I have to say Florentine is my favorite though.

(And I among the ranks that do not like Saffiano at all.)

@faeriemoon

Not all the samba bags had that lock. I personally liked it, although I only bought one samba bag--a purple satchel-- that has the padlock. but about a year ago I bought a great samba leather Dooney satchel in black that does NOT feature that Dooney padlock. I'm with you on florentine. For me, it has replaced Alto as my favorite Dooney collection.