Honored Contributor

Re: Queen Elizabeth's favorite handbag

If it was pink I would be ALL IN!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Trusted Contributor

The Launer bag will come in 5 colors.  Here are some of the colors from their line.  I'm sure pink will be one of them:

Launer.jpg

Honored Contributor

It's beautiful and perfect for Queen Elizabeth. It is not perfect for me.

I found it interesting when I found out a while back that she uses her bag as a signal to mean different things. Changing it from one arm to another means her staff should direct the person(s) talking with her to another person(s),  putting it on the table means she wants the event to end in 5 minutes, and putting it on the floor means she is not enjoying the conversation and her lady-in-waiting should come rescue her, 

I'm glad the company won't duplicate her EXACT favorite bag. I also imagine the Palace would discourage that.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

It's beautiful and perfect for Queen Elizabeth. It is not perfect for me.

I found it interesting when I found out a while back that she uses her bag as a signal to mean different things. Changing it from one arm to another means her staff should direct the person(s) talking with her to another person(s),  putting it on the table means she wants the event to end in 5 minutes, and putting it on the floor means she is not enjoying the conversation and her lady-in-waiting should come rescue her, 

I'm glad the company won't duplicate her EXACT favorite bag. I also imagine the Palace would discourage that.  Smiley Happy

@beach-mom 

The palace would discourage that?   I can't think of even one legitimate reason it should matter.  Care to share?    

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 - Maybe not a "legitimate" reason, but this is her favorite and the one she relies on. If she carried different ones all of the time it might be different.

I don't know of course, but I'm sure others have this same bag. However if they duplicate it and make it widely available , it wouldn't be special. Of course Queen Elizabeth could always change her bag!  

I don't think the Palace staff would be happy. It seems like commercialization of something special to the Queen. Legally, I don't think they could do anything about it.  Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

Interesting thread!

. . . I think I'd rather have the Queen's complete wardrobe, (along with a fantastic "seamstress")    . . . keep the bag(s)

Feelings are simply human
How we deal with, ..or express those feelings .. is our choice
. ~ . Please be kind . ~ .

Trusted Contributor

I think it's pretty and lady-like!  It wouldn't be a bag I used everyday, but would definitely carry it for nicer occasions!

Respected Contributor

Pretty bag for her.  I seldom spring the $$ for handbags.  But I do have some Coach ones given to me over the years and I really like them. 

Honored Contributor

I read that she likes a long-ish strap on her bags so they fit over the forearm of whichever coat she is wearing.  

Respected Contributor

I wouldn't be able to get my wallet into that lol. It's perfect for her, though. It's a classic style which suits her because she's always impeccably attired. I appreciated the look at the inside. Not surprisingly, it appears to be well-constructed.

What worries you masters you.