Honored Contributor

Weighs 2lb 2oz before you put anything in it. That would certainly be one heavy son of a gun once loaded up, and I carry very little in my purse.

Super Contributor

I have to agree.  While it is a super cute bag, the weiight (and the price!) helped me to restrain myself from pulling the trigger.  I'll wait for the "as is" to start popping up and maybe then I'll reconsider. 

QVC Customer Care
Respected Contributor

Re: QVC2 big deal purse

[ Edited ]

Thanks for posting about this bag cause I rarely check out the 2 deals.  But too heavy for sure for me.  I also do not like that logo lock.  And for those that are interested in the bag take note that the slip pocket below the zipper compartment is very shallow, nothing will stay in there.  

Honored Contributor

I'm not buying -  last thing I need is a new bag, but when I was younger and heading to work, that weight would not have stopped me.  Lots of the leathers I carried in those days were heavy.

One other consideration as to popularity -  I wonder if some of the purchasers of so many of a brand are like me and my pearls:   I love having them even though I really don't wear them nearly as often as I probably should.

Esteemed Contributor

I was at a B/M store last year and I saw some Dooney purses for sale.  I went to take a look and all were so heavy!  There is no way I could have added my purse essentials to one and still carry comfortably.  And the store sales price was way lower than any TSV price!!

Respected Contributor

You are so right. My leather bag is so heavy I have my husband carrying It around everywhere. When I bought a new bag I asked him if he wanted to choose color and style. He is 6’2” about 280– the bag looks very cute on him.

Super Contributor

All Ugly Colors Dooney Bags esp TSV today.

Esteemed Contributor

I bought this bag from the Dooney website last Christmas - and returned it within 2 days. The leather was beautiful, but here's what I didn't like: too heavy; the wide leather strap; and, when I unhooked the clasp and opened the bag, the heavy clasp flips back and makes the most annoying loud "clunk" on hard surfaces. I didn't even bother to put anything in the bag since I knew it would be too heavy - and that loud clunk! It's an attractive bag, but just wasn't for me.

Respected Contributor

@jannabelle1 wrote:

I bought this bag from the Dooney website last Christmas - and returned it within 2 days. The leather was beautiful, but here's what I didn't like: too heavy; the wide leather strap; and, when I unhooked the clasp and opened the bag, the heavy clasp flips back and makes the most annoying loud "clunk" on hard surfaces. I didn't even bother to put anything in the bag since I knew it would be too heavy - and that loud clunk! It's an attractive bag, but just wasn't for me.

LOL!  That is why I do not like the logo lock.  It is heavy and I was certain I would knock a tooth out opening it when I had the bag on my shoulder!