Trusted Contributor

Re: QVC for a different audience than evine?

I watched once when they had Calvin Klein handbags, and they had some nice ones by the way, and I will say the one thing they do that the other channels won't, don't or can't (take your pick) is give dimensions and show overhead shots of the inside of the handbags. 

It seems that their inventory is for a different demographic than QVCs.  HSN used to carry some really nice handbag lines but they come and go quickly and their demographic has changed too.

Honored Contributor

You may be right about that.  My guess is that Q aims for 60+ and Evine 40-, though both channels get a share of 40-60.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well, I tried watching all 3 channels but I like the format of QVC the most. I don't know why, but other two channels look a bit unprofessional to me.... too much "fuss" on HSN and I haven't seen anything interesting on Evine.... at least the brand name looks better now....

As for the handbags, I'd agree that other channels target a different market.... QVC bags appeal to all ages, including 25-35yo. But I may be wrong.... I'm speaking for myself.