Honored Contributor

QUESTION ABOUT DOONEY SALES

[ Edited ]

My neighbor just called me to ask a question ..... she has just "discovered" QVC and caught part of  the sales promotions for some Dooneys last night.  

Can someone tell me how often they have the big promotion shows on QVC?   I told her they have them "fairly often" .... but does anyone know when the next one will be, by chance?  TIA 

Mask Mask  Mask  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: QUESTION ABOUT DOONEY SALES

All day, everyday. If you miss it, tune in again in 15 minutes and it will be on again.

Honored Contributor

@Meowingkitty wrote:

All day, everyday. If you miss it, tune in again in 15 minutes and it will be on again.

Bwah  ha hah

speaks the seasoned q watcher 

Honored Contributor

I think it's pretty rare.  I watched part of the show last night and every bag on air had a good discount.  My guess is it was related to the spring sale that was yesterday.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44  The Dooney shows are on both QVC and HSN often, but the best way to know specific dates would be for her to check the respective program guides. QVC tends to have a Dooney TSV seasonally. In candor, the extent to which the pricing is 'special' is an individual perception, as better prices and lower shipping are generally available via a good department store sale or via the I Love Dooney website. The regular Dooney website also offers sales and their own version of Easy Pay. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

Saturday had some good sale but no free shipping on the bag I wanted. One time the D&B site had a 40% sale, free shipping and 3 EZ pay. Score! I got 3 bags this way so it wold take a super dooper sale to compel me to buy any more.

Honored Contributor

Generally the Dooney websites offer the best prices.  The Q though has adjusted their pricing based on the current conditions, IMO.  They know many people aren't spending.  It's my guess that the pricing on the TSV was lower than it would have been had we been in a "normal" state of affairs.

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Tinkrbl44  The Dooney shows are on both QVC and HSN often, but the best way to know specific dates would be for her to check the respective program guides. QVC tends to have a Dooney TSV seasonally. In candor, the extent to which the pricing is 'special' is an individual perception, as better prices and lower shipping are generally available via a good department store sale or via the I Love Dooney website. The regular Dooney website also offers sales and their own version of Easy Pay. 

@stevieb   I purchase on those sites...most often 15%-20% off with free shipping and a better selection of styles and colors. 

Respected Contributor

There are lots of options for getting Dooney handbags and there are lots of sales.  Generally,  but not always, the online Dooney outlet I Love Dooney has the best prices and often an extra discount on top of it.  I find the quality to be equal no matter where I purchase a Dooney.... and I buy many.

But.... price is only one considerations including ease of return, availability of easy pay, and customer service.   If you are not sure about the style,  then QVC offers the best way to check it.   And if easy pay is important,  then QVC has it and most other options don't.

I think sites like ILD are great if you know what you want, plan to keep it unless there is a major problem,  and don't care about easy pay.   There prices are great.... but the customer service is 'llimited' at best and while they accept returns, and have a decent process for returns,  they are not set up so you can look see and try things out.  QVC is much more flexible in this regard..