Respected Contributor

Purses, wallets and wristlets oh my

I probably obsess about this. But, I love "playing purse" as I call it. 😉 I like to change between different styles and brands- largely a Lugnut though. And I have a fun collection of wallets, wristlets, card holders. For me it's fun to pair a bag with just the right wallet and accessories.
As for wristlets, how do they factor in to your accessories usage? Plus, I've tried the so called phone crossbody wallets but they never accommodate my big car key fob. 
Right now I am using one of my Lug Rangers. I have a card case in it with ID, credit and medical cards. I also have a Dooney large wristlet stashed in there if I ever want to leave my bigger purse in the car, I'll just put my phone, card case and key in the wristlet. 

Yes I'm retired with time on my hands. 😁

Harmonize the World
Honored Contributor

Re: Purses, wallets and wristlets oh my

@fairydogmother 

I went through that phase (lasted about 10 years) .... and have the pile of bags (etc.) to prove it!  

Know what I'm using now?  A British tan faux leather bag that I bought in Filene's Basement (remember them?) about 20 years ago.  

I tried organizers, LUG, Travelon, etc., etc.  - I like my big black hole bag with my clear ziploc "organizers."

--------------------------------------------------

@fairydogmother wrote:

I probably obsess about this. But, I love "playing purse" as I call it. 😉 I like to change between different styles and brands- largely a Lugnut though. And I have a fun collection of wallets, wristlets, card holders. For me it's fun to pair a bag with just the right wallet and accessories.
As for wristlets, how do they factor in to your accessories usage? Plus, I've tried the so called phone crossbody wallets but they never accommodate my big car key fob. 
Right now I am using one of my Lug Rangers. I have a card case in it with ID, credit and medical cards. I also have a Dooney large wristlet stashed in there if I ever want to leave my bigger purse in the car, I'll just put my phone, card case and key in the wristlet. 

Yes I'm retired with time on my hands. 😁

Respected Contributor

@ALRATIBA 

Haha big black hole w zip locks I love it 🥰😂

Harmonize the World
Respected Contributor

@fairydogmother I am the only person I know that changes purses just about everyday depending on what I am wearing.  I guess you could call me a purse nut (or just a Nut!) but I love to "play clothes" including purses.

I do have a few wristlets - went thru that phase but I don't use them anymore, can't fit glasses case, phone, medicine I always carry with me, keys, but I have donated all my big leather heavy purses and now carry smaller lightweight ones.  Not going to work anylonger because of dratted Covid so I don't need one big enough to load down and besides my back hurts.

Respected Contributor

@ALRATIBA   I remember Filene's basement well and also miss it along with many other of my used to go to stores

Respected Contributor

@KathyM23  

We have a lot in common. Totally with ya on everything you said. 🤗

Harmonize the World
Trusted Contributor

@fairydogmother 

I carry the same bag mostly through the week for work but I change out every Sunday according to my outfit. I love matching the wallets, sunglasses holders,scarfs, comestic pouches and such. It is fun and nice to look down in the bag and see things organized .

But my work bag is hot mess by the end of the week because I carry a bigger bag for paperwork, water bottles and things needed throughout the week.  But on Sunday it's nice to get things neat and tightly again. 
I like your phrase playing purse. I don't do crossbodys well, just too small for me. But occasionally I do a wristlet with my license, money, phone and keys. Just to run a quick errand or to the doctor when I don't want to keep up with a larger bag. 
The best thing I have found was a long skinny pouch that my ink pens can go in, that way my purse don't get ink marks, or it can be used for cosmetic brushes combs etc, They don't take up much room and come in handy. 
Finding accessories for the bag is almost as fun as finding the right bag you love.