Esteemed Contributor

Like so many of us, I got carried away with buying handbags. 

I have a huge collection, and am slowly giving them away to my DD and DIL, and a few little ones to my granddaughter.

I don’t mind changing my bags for color or size, as I keep a little plastic bin in my coat closet where I keep all possible purse essentials.

Respected Contributor

Funny that this came up ....tonight we met two other couples for dinner for a casual meal at a Mexican restaurant. Three of the four work at the same facility as my BF.  Of the 3 ladies, I was the only one carrying a purse. But their hubbies pulled out their credit cards to pay for the meal and gave them to their wives to figure out tips and sign the receipts. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Purses and more purses

[ Edited ]

Purses....and Birkenstocks are my thing.

Lately I have been on a roll with the Brahmin Marley. Really small cross body and it's been working perfectly for me.  Let's just say I have more than one.

When I get tired of a purse, I take it to consignment (great consignment store here in metro Atlanta.  People from all over the country ship things to her to sell). I have done really well selling them.  Not as well as if I'd never bought them in the first place obviously, but I am happy to get something back for them.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

@gidgetgh  Brahmin Marley bags are my favorite!

I was a major purse collector over the years, and decided to sell them on Poshmark.  I've had really good luck since all of my bags are in great shape.  The majority of items sold have been Coach or Michael Kors bags, but have also sold some clothes (some still with tags).

I started in March, and the proceeds are funding my trip to Sicily/London in a few weeks.

If you have a lot of bags and don't know what to do with them, I would suggest checking out Poshmark - super easy to do, and several posters mentioned that they had sold items so that's when I decided to give it a try.  

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

Re: Purses and more purses

[ Edited ]

@CAcableGirl2 wrote:

@gidgetgh  Brahmin Marley bags are my favorite!

I was a major purse collector over the years, and decided to sell them on Poshmark.  I've had really good luck since all of my bags are in great shape.  The majority of items sold have been Coach or Michael Kors bags, but have also sold some clothes (some still with tags).

I started in March, and the proceeds are funding my trip to Sicily/London in a few weeks.

If you have a lot of bags and don't know what to do with them, I would suggest checking out Poshmark - super easy to do, and several posters mentioned that they had sold items so that's when I decided to give it a try.  

@CAcableGirl2 - I discovered the Marley bag early this summer maybe, when Brahmin did one of their "no returns" sales. I took a chance and ordered one (pattern was Celebrate) and it's just the perfect minimalist bag for me, for most occasions. I have added some since then.  I love that you get the Brahmin pretty colors without investing major $$.

My 2 favorites so far are the recent Fallstruck and the  the Salinger pattern, which I found, NWT, on EBay. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Trusted Contributor

I always carry a handbag when I walk out of my house!  I must have my identification and my lipstick with me at all times!  I have dry lips and have never found a lipstick that stays on me more than 30 minutes!  So I am constantly putting on lipstick or lip moisturizer.  I cannot imagine going out to eat at a restaurant without my handbag, because I know I will need to refresh my lipstick after the meal!!

Honored Contributor

I got 9 Patricia Nash's now. Her website is hard to navigate, hate that. My latest is tan/gold called the

Nevoso tote bag. Leather chain links on the outside.

'Oxblood', your not going to get any prettier. Man, they're hard to find she doesn't make many in that color either. 'British Tan', is pretty close to oxblood.

all that 'tooling' is what sells me. Have a couple just plain without anything on the outside, but, that rose tooling or other tooling is so pricey looking.

Honored Contributor

Oh how i use to love my leather bags, but got so they were to heavy sold some ,took to thrift stores , no leather for me.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

some of mine weigh 2lbs empty and I put in another lb.

LOL I don't mind. put in cart soon as I hit a store.

I'm board shouldered and strong. You got to travel with paper documentation. 2 wallets, brush, compact, kleenex, gum and lemon drops for coughing jags in public.

band aids, pain pills, file, keys, sweet & low, on and on.

I need large satchels and totes.

Trusted Contributor

I have the same addiction, @fairydogmother . Along with collecting jewelry, shoes, and make up.

I just received my new steel blue Dooney shoulder bag and it's gorgeous! (It's a little darker in person than the photo). Did I need it? No, but will use it until winter comes in and then switch to a different color. I used to switch my bags every month, but not as much now.
Dooney