Respected Contributor

Not that you all were waiting breathlessly for my report. 😂 

Last night I took a bunch of bags and wallets to chorus rehearsal and let the ladies take whatever they wanted. Got rid of three. 
The rest are going to the thrift store today. 
I had two Dooneys and two Nash bags on Poshmark for a couple of days. 160+ followers and likes. No offers. Deleted that account. 
Put those bags on FB marketplace. Not one bit of interest. I bet if I drop the price to $15 they'll sell right now. Sheesh. But then I'll have to go and meet up with buyers, spending precious gas money so they can basically rob me of my nice bags. I think not. 
So that's four more for the thrift store. 

Harmonize the World
Respected Contributor

It might feel more rewarding to take them to a womens shelter.

Honored Contributor

I'm donating a lot of my less costly bags, but the nicer ones I'll keep before I sell them for chump change, and there is a limit to how much I'm willing to give away! I've already cleared out a lot, but there are a lot still taking up too much space.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

@fairydogmother   A little off-topic, but the idea of donating to a women's shelter is great. I have a Box of information for my children when I die -- insurance, bank accounts, etc. and notes on my funeral.

I have just put a note saying that I want my clothes sent to the women's shelter our church supports. They're all really pretty and I'd rather a woman in need have them for free than send them to a thrift store.I hope someone will love all the Isaacs and Dennis Bassos and Susan Gravers as I do!

Honored Contributor

@zitawins  When I retired, I donated all of my "work clothes (power suits & shoes)" to an organization that "dresses" females coming out of prison looking for, going to or interviewing for jobs after their release.

My Coach pocketbooks & Coach messenger bags will be going to my oldest after I kick the bucket to be added to the ones she already stolen.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Super Contributor

What a fun blessing for the ladies who made it to rehearsal! 👛 👜 

Trusted Contributor

@fairydogmother  I was waiting breathlessly for your report! I just now saw this and as you might remember, I was especially interested in how the Dooneys and Nashs did on Poshmark. 

That's a bummer and I am sure you were disappointed. I am like another poster in that I am just not going to give away $500 Dooney bags. 

I am sure you made some in your chorus group happy and thanks for the info. Woman Happy

Trusted Contributor

I donated my bags to a  couple of groups that do handbag sales/auctions as fundraisers. My shoes, clothing, outerware have all gone to the YWCA and BPW for women entering the business community and will wear them. Those organization used to host a luncheon clothing sale, the clothes were bargains and the gals always appreciated them. . . I don't think that would be the case today. I go to a board meeting and most are in very casual attire.

Critter Lover! (especially cats!)
Respected Contributor

I gave away 15 bags recently.  9 went to a woman in my office who has daughters,  2 went to a friend in NY and I donated the others.  I was happy that others can enjoy them now.

Respected Contributor

Well you guys, all of your responses were interesting and motivating. I've learned some things 🥰 from you. And definitely some things about resale sites. 

Harmonize the World