Honored Contributor

Re: Popularity of Nylon/Fabric Handbags

Being a big bag gal, I finally found (for travel) a 10” square, nylon, black crossbody TUMI bag. Yep, more expensive than planned to pay, but couldn’t find a large enough nylon bag that fit the bill.

I still like a leather bag for every day...heavy, but nylon’s the way to go for sightseeing.

Super Contributor

I have 6 Lug bags and will never go back to leather. You

Super Contributor

My favorite Lug is the Carousel. Just the right size for me and a pocket for everything. 

Trusted Contributor

I have switched over to using a nylon crossbody bag and now I’m sold, it’s so much lighter and more comfortable. But now I am wondering if it will look ok in the winter. I guess I’ll stick with it because I like it so much. 

Honored Contributor

I only use nylon for specific purposes; sightseeing, bad weather, a day at the mall (once every ten million years), etc.

Honored Contributor

Ladies, a wonderful light handbags are Joy Susan (vegan) bags and HOBO brand handbags if you don't care for the look of the nylon bags.Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

I am not all that old ...that's my story an' I'm stickin' by it... but I can't really lug a heavy leather bag.  Love my lightweight bags such as Le Sportsac.  Baggallini is my all-time fave amd I pounce on them at discount stores.  They are so well-organized.

Honored Contributor

Today was my bi-weekly lunch with a friend.  

She made a couple of stops on the way ... and showed up with a bag with two new handbags ..... both Baggalini bags!

She didn't know that I recentl bought a Baggalini - and two other nylon bags!  Great minds .... (you know the rest.)

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

It seems to be an aged person’s thing, due to weight. I hv an aunt who loves her flowered fabric satchel. It’s good there are alternatives for those who have physical issues, but I’m glad I can carry the leather I like. So far!

Honored Contributor

My newest bag is nylon by Dooney & love my longchamp bags.  Lighter and durable -- sold all my leather D&B, coach, others because they were too heavy for me now!