Honored Contributor

Re: Popularity of Nylon/Fabric Handbags

Just curious..at approximately what age does one become part of the older crowd who finds a leather bag too heavy?

I’m wondering if I should start transitioning?Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

September, you’ll just know... ! Your shoulders will give you a sign- 🤣🤣🤣

Esteemed Contributor

Gave away many nice, leather bags after an incident of frozen shoulder. Love my small, nylon backpacks from Calvin Klein and Kipling. Crossbodies, too. Lightweight, no worries in rain, great for travel.

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've always liked fabric, canvas and 'coated' bags, but I can only tolerate nylon... It just doesn't do much for me and yes, I've seen many brands... I do own a few nylon bags and I do use them, but I don't find any of then 'beautiful' and have no interest in putting together a wardrobe of them... I still prefer leather bags, but yes, they can be heavy... Something for everyone...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

I just bought a Radley London nylon bag in gray.  Love it - has an outside pocket which is a must for me.   Macy's had a great sale, so I couldn't pass it up.

Esteemed Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

The leather bags are too heavy for the older crowd, especially the large leather bags. 

i'm a member of the older crowd....switched to nylon bag a couple of years ago!

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I've got a brand-new MZ Wallace nylon bag I intend to move into for winter.  Check them out if you're not familiar with them.  Beautifully made, trimmed in leather, beautiful hardware and organization.  Mine has over the arm handles, shoulder strap and a cross-body strap.

@Kachina624   I only have one MZ Wallace bag but  I LOVE the material...it's a glazed linen which gives it a metallic shine.  It's very pretty & well made!

Honored Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

@blackhole99 wrote:

The leather bags are too heavy for the older crowd, especially the large leather bags. 

i'm a member of the older crowd....switched to nylon bag a couple of years ago!

I guess I'm a member of the "older crowd" now too....I'm old enough for Medicare as of May so that makes me officially old.

Honored Contributor

@september wrote:

Just curious..at approximately what age does one become part of the older crowd who finds a leather bag too heavy?

I’m wondering if I should start transitioning?Smiley Very Happy

@september   You will "know" when you have trouble pouring water in your coffeemaker (!)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

I must be the exception I’am 73 and don’t have any problem pouring water in my coffee maker. I never owned a Nylon/ fabric Handbag. Probably never will.