Honored Contributor

Popularity of Nylon/Fabric Handbags

There seems to be a trend here in my neighborhood of NYC.  

As we were leaving this afternoon ... so many women were carrying fabric handbags.  It was mainly an "older" crowd.   What made me notice was someone had a bag similar to one I just bought.

Honored Contributor

Re: Popularity of Nylon/Fabric Handbags

[ Edited ]

The leather bags are too heavy for the older crowd, especially the large leather bags. 

Esteemed Contributor

I bought a red fabric Dooney from the Q this summer and really like it.

It's soooo freeing not to be 'chained' to a large, heavy leather bag.  Been doing this before it was a trend; hope the trend continues.Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I LOVE my new nylon TSV Dooney in olive!  Gorgeous bag & so lightweight!

Esteemed Contributor

@haddon9 me, too! I got the olive one, too, and I really like it. It's my first nylon handbag and there's a place for that option in my stash of handbags.It's a different look.

Honored Contributor

@Goldengate8361   Enjoy your beautiful new bag! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I bought the Dooney TSV nylon bag also. Was lucky to get it in black.  Can’t wait to use it. It only weighs a little over a pound!

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Esteemed Contributor

I love nylon purses (especially le sportsac) because they are light weight, durable and washable.  I've been carrying them for at least 10 years.

Respected Contributor

I just bought the Kipling Violetta in black from Q. It’s an upscale Kipling satchel. Nylon with patent trim and gold hardware. Light interior, lots of outer pockets and typical awesome Kipling organization. High quality And it’s on sale!! I totally LOVE it!! 

Honored Contributor

I've got a brand-new MZ Wallace nylon bag I intend to move into for winter.  Check them out if you're not familiar with them.  Beautifully made, trimmed in leather, beautiful hardware and organization.  Mine has over the arm handles, shoulder strap and a cross-body strap.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment