Super Contributor

Just noticed something strange.  They have the Sarola for $209 and the same bags an colors in 'as is' for $149.  I wonder what the difference is?

Respected Contributor

@TW   One is demonstration model or return, the other is brand new.  I've purchased a few as is items, and they were new or like new.

Super Contributor

@ItsME wrote:

@TW   One is demonstration model or return, the other is brand new.  I've purchased a few as is items, and they were new or like new.

I have always wondered about 'as is' if it's damaged or what makes it 'as is'.  I have always been too scared to order.

Respected Contributor

@TW   I'd go for it. It will most likely be perfect.   If you get something dirty or damaged, call far free exchange or return it at QVC's expense.  (I think they will pay under those circumstances on an as is). 

Respected Contributor

@TW   don't be afraid to try the as is items.  You are able to return them if  they don't work out.  I've found that most are brand new, they just didn't work out for whoever originally purchased them.  Also if you read the reviews for the new item, you can usually figure out why some were returned.  Happy shopping, I vote you buy the as is bag.

Regular Contributor

QVC stands behind their “as is” items so don’t be afraid to try. As a sidebar, My experience with Patricia Nash handbag was disappointing. I was so excited to order her wicker handbag in natural. It reminded me of the handbags we had in the 60’s. Unfortunately she lined it in some kind of suede/leather material that stunk to high heaven. I tried for 3 days to get rid of the smell to no avail and sent it back. The wicker bags we had way back when were  lined in cotton material. I don’t know what bag you’re interested in but I hope you have better luck than me!

Honored Contributor

Her linings are made out of a man-made material and are a polyester suede-like material.  Not a real suede.  The thing I don't like about them is that they are very loosely attached inside.  Doesn't stop me from buying her product (I just bought the tote that's up for sale right now).... Woman Happy  And I've never noticed a smell associated with any of the bags I've purchased from Patricia Nash.  Sometimes the manufacturer sprays the interior of the item (to kill insects in transit) prior to shipping.....

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

I once received a Dooney bag from the Q with a horrible chemical smell.  I sprayed the inside with Febreze for fabrics and then I cut up orange peels and put them inside for over 3 weeks and the smell disappeared.

Respected Contributor

@TW   Are you sure the "as is" is THIS tote, the Big Deal?

The Big Deal was never offered before and was made specially just for the Big Deal.

It might be an earlier tote, she makes many.