Honored Contributor

Re: Patricia Nash to Premier on QVC April 13th!

Just yesterday I saw about a couple dozen of them at the Marshall's I went to to return something.  On the clearance rack:  two very large, tooled all-leather tote bags (identical) for $99.00  That was such a great deal for what it is (and it snaps shut).  All the bags I've seen at TJM and Marshall's have dust covers inside.   If I needed a tote, I'd have bought that one.  And it was definitely on the lighter side of some of the Nash's.  Great and classy to carry.  I'm going to quit typing now so I don't talk myself into going back to get it because I don't need it! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@1Professor wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

Sorry I haven't read the whole thread, but have looked at what QVC is charging for the PN handbags.  Go to TJ Maxx and Marshall's. Ours both have a great selection (styles and colors - smooth, embossed and floral) in these bags for sooooo much less money and no S&H if you go to the stores.  Yikes at Q's prices.  Also, many of them are too heavy for my liking so it's great to pick them up to see how heavy they are at these stores.   There's also a wonderful selection of wristlets - almost bought a white embossed one the other day; there was also a "map" one of part of the world - prices for each wristlet was $49.99.

Hi, @Pearlee !

I've been to 3 TJM and 2 Marshalls in my area in the last 2 months. Not ONE Patricia Nash bag. Some regions get more.

That said, the loveliest bags often sell out quickly and the overstocked ones make it to discount stores. So, if you want a particular bag, in a particular pattern, you generally want to hop on it when they first appear.

The bags are MOST costly on the Nash website, though they occasionally have great sales. HSN (and in the past Evine) had the best bags at the best prices. Macys has some, but not always the latest patterns, and does regularly discount them.

The Nash bags I have are among the lightest weight in my collection; lighter than Dooney, for sure.

@1Professor   Well, that's true.  However, our TJM and Marshall's have such a great and diverse selection of them that I always find ones I like.  So there are enough at deep discounts for me to find rather than pay full retail.  And no S&H charges.

Honored Contributor

@Linmo wrote:

It's amazing how well Beekman and Patricia Nash have done since switching shopping networks.   It speaks volumes to the audience of QVC.  I think that both brands are becoming as my mom would say "too big for their britches". 

I still use my Beekman stash from Evine and purchased many PN bags at a much lower price when she was just getting started and her bags were made in Italy.  As always, time moves on and things change.

@Linmo   Just curious how you have determined "how well they've done since switching shopping networks."   On what are you basing that statement?

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Linmo wrote:

It's amazing how well Beekman and Patricia Nash have done since switching shopping networks.   It speaks volumes to the audience of QVC.  I think that both brands are becoming as my mom would say "too big for their britches". 

I still use my Beekman stash from Evine and purchased many PN bags at a much lower price when she was just getting started and her bags were made in Italy.  As always, time moves on and things change.

@Linmo   Just curious how you have determined "how well they've done since switching shopping networks."   On what are you basing that statement?

@Pearlee I recorded the PN 2 hour show on QVC last night and was amazed at how things were selling out left and right.  When she used to be on Evine, she wasn't as popular as she is now.  Her retail presence (and prices) have increased since then.   

I haven't really watched Beekman since they left Evine, but from looking at HSN's website from time to time, they also seem to be doing quite well since the switch.

Honored Contributor

@Linmo   Thanks for elaborating.  Not meaning this to be argumentative, because your observations are good ones, but it's possible that QVC offered less stock for her initial appearance to see how it does, hence the sellouts.  But you could very well be right.

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Linmo   Thanks for elaborating.  Not meaning this to be argumentative, because your observations are good ones, but it's possible that QVC offered less stock for her initial appearance to see how it does, hence the sellouts.  But you could very well be right.

@Pearlee I agree that they were probably testing the waters and didn't bring in a super-large quantity of each item ('only' several hundred of each item).  I think that the hosts/producers also try to get viewers motivated by telling us how few of each item is left.   

I just think in general the size of the Qurate network (HSN and QVC) and their audience is so enormous compared to Evine.  Selling several hundred of an item seems like a large amount on Evine and a minuscule amount on QVC.  I notice on the Evine website that they are now branding themselves as 'boutique shopping'.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Linmo   Thanks again - more good thoughts.

I haven't watched Evine in many, many years (since before it was Evine).  Oh, my, it has had so many incarnations!

Respected Contributor

I frequently see her older styles at local TJM and Marshall’s, and often very good deals, if you’re a fan. I don’t care stiff, structured bags, nor the mustard-colored lining, nor spending several hundred dollars... lol! 

Esteemed Contributor

Over at HSN, only 4 left in pink if anyone is interested. 

Patricia Nash Mozia Twisted Woven-Embossed Leather Tote

Patricia Nash Mozia Twisted Woven-Embossed Leather Tote

663-363
Respected Contributor

@hicindy2 : Will you acquire a new Patricia Nash for her Anniversary show??

{Since I'm in California, the debut show is 9 pm tonight. I'll be watching . . .}