Esteemed Contributor

Can anyone tell me if Patricia Nash handbags are made as well as Dooney.   I am torn between two bag but I never had a Patricia Nash one.  Thanks in advance

Honored Contributor

Re: Patricia Nash or Dooney

[ Edited ]

@BalletBabe 

Since 2005 I've been an exclusive Dooney & Bourke girl. However, when Patricia Nash had a TSV in March (Leandra Flap Crossbody), I went for it and I am not disappointed!  I even bought the matching wallet & eyeglass case.  I like the organization it offers.  I still love my Dooney's but am now a Patricia Nash fan, too! The are well made. I can't find any flaws with mine.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

@BalletBabe 

Since 2005 I've been an exclusive Dooney & Bourke girl. However, when Patricia Nash had a TSV in March (Leandra Flap Crossbody), I went for it and I am not disappointed!  I even bought the matching wallet & eyeglass case.  I like the organization it offers.  I still love my Dooney's but am now a Patricia Nash fan, too! The are well made. I can't find any flaws with mine.

@SurferWife  OK   Thanks so much!

Esteemed Contributor

@SurferWife   They are running some great sales on both incase you didn't know.  

Honored Contributor

Dooney all the way.  Nash is a very trendy brand and the styles come and go.  As far as quality -- Dooney.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

I am a big Dooney fan and have about 10 bags.  I love Dooney dot com has great deals.

I do have two Nash bags and I really like them.  I got them both at TJ Maxx.  I do find that the leather on one of my Nash bags seems to be more fragile and I have a bit of "wear" on the corners of my bag.  It is the map print leather.  

My Dooneys are much more durable and the leather is thicker.  

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

Dooney quality is better.  The finish work on the seams and straps is far superior to PN.  

Esteemed Contributor

I have both brands and for the most part I would say Dooney. I am done with Dooney however.  I have bags in most of the leathers, including Florentine but most are heavy, dated, and to structured for me anymore.  I don't care for cross body so that let's out their current offerings.  I am happy with the quality of the Patricia Nash bags I have and when they are on sale they are a good buy and they are fun.  I find myself resurrecting my unstructured Kate Spade and Coach bags. Bags are so personal and we are all going to have different opinions.  No judgements, everyone's opinions are valid.

Respected Contributor

I WAS both until I bought a Brahmin on sale at Dillards.

Oh my gosh, you can tell the difference in quality vs the 2 above brands.

The stitching is "close and tight", my bag looks exactly like the day I received it and it comes with me everyday and everywhere.

The pockets inside are nice, and above all, I bought the matching checkbook wallet and I thought Coach's wallets were nice, this one

is so much better.

I'm hooked and just received the Dream Copa Cabana and that is truly one of the better prints.

Brahmins look distinguished in my opinion.  Not all styles and colors are for "everyone", I think they design their bags for certain age groups.  

The Dooney outlet store has some great sales and I might go back someday but most of all it's what you enjoy and I think you can't go wrong with any of these brands.

Esteemed Contributor

I have all three. Patricia Nash, Dooney and Brahmin. I like PN because they are usually smaller, trendier and a bit different than every other bag out there but their leather is stiffer and I do prefer softer and squishier leather. Dooney got to be boring and heavy but the quality is great. I prefer small bags and Dooney just doesn't make anything I really want right now. Then there is Brahmin. The older bags before they sold the company were classic, unique every season and are well made. But now like every company that sells out they became boring. No creativity. They make the same bag in 40 different colors. Most of their bags are large totes, not what I'm interested in. I prefer small, lightweight crossbodies. Some of them are crazy prints. I prefer plain, understated I guess boring bags, not bags that say look at me. Each line is unique in its own way. Lately I've been carrying my Hammitt or Kate Spade.