Respected Contributor

Re: Patricia Nash for Spring!

@EdithEllenLily: I remember your delight in the bright colors of Vera Bradley, so thought these granny square Patricia Nash bags might make you smile! Happy bags, I say.

Honored Contributor

@hicindy2 wrote:

I love the Cross Stitch also:  I have the wristlet in this one.  Grabbing the tote when Macy's has a sale,  

I saw this gorgeous bag at Macy's.  I am getting it Wednesday when the VIP 30% starts.  I have her metallic paisley tote which I love.  I get so many compliments when I carry it.  Her bags are so unique.

Respected Contributor

@Pecky: Love the needlework design! And looking forward to Macys 30% sale. This Patricia Nash needlework shape is on my wish list, also at Macys:

Screen Shot 2017-03-12 at 7.50.51 AM.png

Honored Contributor

@1Professor wrote:

@EdithEllenLily: I remember your delight in the bright colors of Vera Bradley, so thought these granny square Patricia Nash bags might make you smile! Happy bags, I say.

@1Professor It did make me smile in remembrance! Woman Very Happy I have a beautiful 'granny squares' quilt that Mr. L's grandmother made on top of a high-backed, brick red chair that was my favorite place to read in my parents' house. This chair is now in the office, so I see it and the bright, happy quilt every day! The quilt looks similar to this one, but there is a red border added before the black, scalloped edge. Woman Happy

Image result for patchwork squares afghan photo

Respected Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@1Professor wrote:

@1Professor It did make me smile in remembrance! Woman Very Happy I have a beautiful 'granny squares' quilt that Mr. L's grandmother made on top of a high-backed, brick red chair that was my favorite place to read in my parents' house. This chair is now in the office, so I see it and the bright, happy quilt every day! The quilt looks similar to this one, but there is a red border added before the black, scalloped edge. Woman Happy

Image result for patchwork squares afghan photo

@EdithEllenLily: I was SO taken with fond memories of granny squares after seeing this bag that I immediately ordered 2 granny square crochet pattern books. Plan to make some. Not blankets, though (takes SO long). Vests. Patches for denim jackets. Some hobo slouchy bags!

I've been knitting and crocheting since I was 8. Gets me through boring WAITING. And faculty meetings.

Honored Contributor

@pegomyheart wrote:

I love Patricia Nash, and I crochet,  but really dislike granny squares, and I really don't like these. I also really dislike her patchwork styles . But different strokes as they say.......

They aren't for me, either, though I like them better today than I did yesterday...

Woman Wink

I do like some of her leather patchwork designs...

I'm glad Nash continues to 'create' and, unlike most big bag brands, doesn't just keep doing basically the same thing in different permutations... While many of her styles aren't for me, at least they're different. Neither the crochet and needlepoint looks nor most of the florals will make their way into my closet, but I do think some of them are pretty.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@1Professor wrote:

@Pecky: Love the needlework design! And looking forward to Macys 30% sale. This Patricia Nash needlework shape is on my wish list, also at Macys:

@1Professor Today starts the VIP 30%.  Which one are you going to order? 

Respected Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

@1Professor wrote:

@1Professor Today starts the VIP 30%.  Which one are you going to order? 

@Pecky: I was disappointed Brahmin isn't included. Sigh. However, there are SO many lush Nash bags (many of which aren't actually in my local Macy's store!).

What're you getting??

Honored Contributor

@1ProfessorI can't decide on which of the needlework handbags to get.  I do like the last one you posted too.  I was also disappointed that Brahmin was excluded. 

Esteemed Contributor

I also like the Poppy satchel in the new Denim Daisy.  PN's navy is a nice true deep navy (difficult to find).  

Patricia Nash Poppy Satchel

Also sad about Brahmin:  love the Moonstone

Brahmin Seville Marianna Large Tote