Respected Contributor

Re: 👜 Patricia Nash Website. 12 Days Of Christmas

@stevieb wrote:

I'm not particularly interested, but Disney is selling their version of the carpet bag purse for forty bucks, below... Google Disney Mary Poppins carpet bag... I'm sure Nash's is nicer but sorry, she's gone around the bend with the pricing of her 'limited editions'...

Product Image of Mary Poppins Returns Carpetbag Purse # 1

@stevieb: Saw it. Not a carpet bag, which is the retro appeal. But it does reproduce the pattern, which will appeal to some.

I have, in fact, returned the Nash Limited Editions I've tried (2). But for design, weight reasons.

When I look at the price, I consider the size and materials, but mostly I compare it to a Gucci or LV which will be 4 figures, so I psychologically tell myself "not bad."

Ever notice how good we become at fooling ourselves??? Heart

Esteemed Contributor

@1Professor wrote:

@butterfly123 wrote:

@1Professor

The Patricia Nash design is beautiful. Hopefully it will go on sale the day it is presented. 

@butterfly123: No, it won't. It's one of Nash's LIMITED EDITIONS.  

@1Professor@butterfly123

PRICE DROP ALERT!   It has been reduced!

Respected Contributor

@SoX wrote:

@1Professor wrote:

@butterfly123 wrote:

@1Professor

The Patricia Nash design is beautiful. Hopefully it will go on sale the day it is presented. 

@butterfly123: No, it won't. It's one of Nash's LIMITED EDITIONS.  

@1Professor@butterfly123

PRICE DROP ALERT!   It has been reduced!

@SoX:

Significant! (Wondering why . . .)

thankyou.jpg

Honored Contributor

If it's the carpet bag that was reduced my guess is because it wasn't moving with that five bill price tag... Also, as much as I love carpet bags, the featured pattern and the color combination isn't going to work for everyone... Then too, I think HSN is hurting and probably decided making some profit on the bag is better than it not moving... Anyone scoring one, hope you'll enjoy it... Woman Happy

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@1Professor wrote:

@butterfly123 @EdithEllenLily @hicindy2@Pecky @handygal2 @SoX @Laura14 @meallen616 @Sweet_Serenity

& Patricia Nash lovers:

I've become so entranced with Disney's new Mary Poppins Returns movie (Meryl Streep! Lin-Manuel Miranda!) and the Carpet Bag:

g_marypoppinsreturns_01_ddt-17164_29f4ad47.jpeg

That I ordered the original Mary Poppins books.

Perfect for the upcoming cozy winter nights!

{The HSN Patricia Nash Carpet Bag is back in my shopping cart.}

Mary-Poppins-Returns1-1-574x360.jpg

@SoX @EdithEllenLily @hicindy2 & all:

patricia-nash-disneys-mary-poppins-returns-mayfair-carp-d-2018113008420685~632881_080.jpg

Well, at the midnight debut of HSN's Mary Poppins Return special (which is on 9 pm in California), with Patricia Nash actually there, this carpet bag got a 60 second showing. Sold out. Yee gads. She never got to really discuss it: opened it, showed the bottom, then gone. No video even posted.

Thanks to @SoX, I re-ordered it at the reduced price, 

Total uncertainty about arrival. My order from a week or so ago says "by the 24th" but the on line messages have varied from "may not arrive before Christmas" to "guaranteed to arrive before Christmas." Show over, order in, my order still shows "extended delivery" so wondering if the bags even arrived, where they will be shipping from, and when . . . No complaints, just wondering.

Nash mentioned the carpet bag material came from England and that she went to the Red Carpet movie opening!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@1Professor, this morning, at 9AM Pacific time, when they were first showing the TS umbrellas on HSN, the carpet bag was on the set to the right. Beautiful !!  

Honored Contributor

@1Professor I am so excited for you that you were able to order it before it sold out! I love the design and the colors...I've always been fond of orange and green together. Please tell us what you think of it whenever it mysteriously drops in at your house. Woman Very Happy