Trusted Contributor

Patricia Nash Benvenuto - Smoke or Black? A352158

I watched the video for this bag (item # A352158) and I cannot the difference between the colors Smoke and Black. In the photos for the item they look identical and I couldn’t see a closeup of the Smoke shade in the video.

Does anyone know where or how I can see photos or video illustrating the difference between these colors? I googled images of it to no avail, and tried to find a different P Nash handbag offered in both shades to compare but could not locate one.

Thank you!
Respected Contributor

Re: Patricia Nash Benvenuto - Smoke or Black? A352158

@Mrsq2022 @I just went and watched the video where Shawn was going through the colors.  She's wearing the black bag on her shoulder and when she showed the smoke color, I noticed there;s a tinge and I mean a tinge of grey showing through the smoke color.  The bag on her shoulder is a true black.   Hope this helps you.  

Trusted Contributor

@Blingqueen023  Thank you!  I zoomed in and it may have a little "mottled" shading like some of the brown bags, but a black-based color.  I did not want a "dark brown" color so based on what you and me saw, it sounds like Smoke is not a "brown black" and instead more of a "grey-back".  Thank so you much for looking at the video to help me ☺️👍. I couldn't really see the hardware on the Smoke bag either but assume it's a silver/gunmetal and not bronze... I wanted the silver/gunmetal but not a bright shiny silver.  Boy I sound picky don't I lol!!  I just really wanted a new leather tote, lightweight, without any zipper yand with a few pockets.  This one seems like it fits the bill, and I appreciate Q exchange/return policy so wanted to buy it from here.

I ordered the Smoke, and will post a photo when it arrives Smiley Happy

I really Iike it when hosts show "similar" shades of items (handbags, clothes, shoes, etc) side by side so the viewers can see the differences between them.  Like the Tan, British tan and Chocolate sitting next to each other would help the viewer differentiate between them a little easier.

Thank you again for taking the time to look for me!!

Respected Contributor

@Mrsq2022 wrote:

@Blingqueen023  Thank you!  I zoomed in and it may have a little "mottled" shading like some of the brown bags, but a black-based color.  I did not want a "dark brown" color so based on what you and me saw, it sounds like Smoke is not a "brown black" and instead more of a "grey-back".  Thank so you much for looking at the video to help me ☺️👍. I couldn't really see the hardware on the Smoke bag either but assume it's a silver/gunmetal and not bronze... I wanted the silver/gunmetal but not a bright shiny silver.  Boy I sound picky don't I lol!!  I just really wanted a new leather tote, lightweight, without any zipper yand with a few pockets.  This one seems like it fits the bill, and I appreciate Q exchange/return policy so wanted to buy it from here.

I ordered the Smoke, and will post a photo when it arrives Smiley Happy

I really Iike it when hosts show "similar" shades of items (handbags, clothes, shoes, etc) side by side so the viewers can see the differences between them.  Like the Tan, British tan and Chocolate sitting next to each other would help the viewer differentiate between them a little easier.

Thank you again for taking the time to look for me!!

@Mrsq2022 @you're very welcome.   I didn't notice what color the hardware was either, but I would best it's silver.  I surely don't think Patricia would have used gold.  I love her leather.  Her bags will last forever.  Enjoy your new bag.   You chose a great style.  

Trusted Contributor

@Blingqueen023  Thank you!

They swapped the video today and now it appears the black and Smoke may have actually been switched out lol.  I should have just ordered both bags, and still debating whether to also buy the black and just keep the one that I like the best 😇

I'm new to Patricia Nash handbags, but love the other items I have from her brand.  And I don't say that lightly!  

Her Cametti wallet is my absolute favorite wallet I've ever owned, no exaggeration at all.  Not only do I get complements on the beautiful leather, The real reason I love it is because the layout and design is like it was custom made just for me.  Every compartment serves a purpose for me, and is so intuitive I never have to hunt around digging for gift cards or lottery tickets or scrap of paper I stuffed in ther somewhere... it really is that well designed for me, and I cannot see myself back to any of my other (and much more expensive!) wallets I already own and don't know what to do with.  The Cametti is shorter in length compared to most full sized wallets, so even fits into smaller handbags/crossbody bags that I normally would need to swap out wallets in order to use.  Its like two wallets on one, with one entire half of the wallet I leave snapped closed to store less frequently used items.  Then a more accessible half for items I need quick access to.  I can't praise it enough, so am really looking forward to my first Nash handbag! 

Her scarves are a hidden gem IMO, and for me, the perfect length, soft/machine washable/breathable fabric, never bulky or scratchy, versatile dimensions that can be styled in many ways.... Ikve replaced nearly every other scarf I owned over the years with the 4 Patricia Nash scarves I now own and love.  Worth every penny, and I recommend them to anyone considering without any reservation😁 👍

If I love this Benvenut tote even halfway as much as I love the Cametti wallet and her scarves, I'm probably keeping the Smoke/Black/whatever color they send me lol!  And I'm going to look for a smaller bag (crossbody maybe) while shipping is still free, so I welcome any suggestions of your favorites! ❤️👍❤️

Honored Contributor

@Mrsq2022 wrote:

@Blingqueen023  Thank you!

They swapped the video today and now it appears the black and Smoke may have actually been switched out lol.  I should have just ordered both bags, and still debating whether to also buy the black and just keep the one that I like the best 😇

I'm new to Patricia Nash handbags, but love the other items I have from her brand.  And I don't say that lightly!  

Her Cametti wallet is my absolute favorite wallet I've ever owned, no exaggeration at all.  Not only do I get complements on the beautiful leather, The real reason I love it is because the layout and design is like it was custom made just for me.  Every compartment serves a purpose for me, and is so intuitive I never have to hunt around digging for gift cards or lottery tickets or scrap of paper I stuffed in ther somewhere... it really is that well designed for me, and I cannot see myself back to any of my other (and much more expensive!) wallets I already own and don't know what to do with.  The Cametti is shorter in length compared to most full sized wallets, so even fits into smaller handbags/crossbody bags that I normally would need to swap out wallets in order to use.  Its like two wallets on one, with one entire half of the wallet I leave snapped closed to store less frequently used items.  Then a more accessible half for items I need quick access to.  I can't praise it enough, so am really looking forward to my first Nash handbag! 

Her scarves are a hidden gem IMO, and for me, the perfect length, soft/machine washable/breathable fabric, never bulky or scratchy, versatile dimensions that can be styled in many ways.... Ikve replaced nearly every other scarf I owned over the years with the 4 Patricia Nash scarves I now own and love.  Worth every penny, and I recommend them to anyone considering without any reservation😁 👍

If I love this Benvenut tote even halfway as much as I love the Cametti wallet and her scarves, I'm probably keeping the Smoke/Black/whatever color they send me lol!  And I'm going to look for a smaller bag (crossbody maybe) while shipping is still free, so I welcome any sugIgestions of your favorites! ❤️👍❤️

@Mrsq2022 Thanks so much for answering my question I had posted.  It is very frustrating with the presentations lately.  If they know the colors are close why not show them side by side.  Based on how you described smoke that is the one that I am interested in.  Please post when you receive it.  

Trusted Contributor

@Pecky @Blingqueen023  

the smoke color arrived today and it looks black indoors, but in the bright sunlight, almost has a purple cast/undertone. I like it. I'm adding a couple of photos showing the bag.

(and I have no idea why, but Im required to change my username each time I log into forums Smiley Sad .  Odd, but I am the OP and name used to be summeryfun FYI)  thanks for the help!  I haven't even used it yet but wanted to get photos posted before I scratched it up !0C9BEFB9-D00F-4CA4-907B-BDC084F45375.jpeg

D23AED81-B498-497C-A0A4-C77B9CEBE01D.jpegagainst a white towel for reference 2D02022D-99E0-4A10-BB82-19328CD2D6FA.jpeg

Trusted Contributor

2BF67DAC-1267-43D7-A09C-F18FCD207175.jpegD903989C-8857-4415-9F8E-F8ABC95179F8.jpegEBB2C9DB-6FA0-4338-9C5F-FE57835D8402.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@Mrsq2022 I really like the color it is so pretty. I wish I had ordered it now.  Enjoy your beautiful bag.Smiley Happy