Honored Contributor

Patricia Nash A352166

[ Edited ]

Patricia Nash Leather Embossed Woven Frame Handbag, Gracchi.  I loved this at first sighting but why did she cheap out on the handle.  I don't see how that could be carried on your arm and that is the beauty of a framed bag with handles (much like what Queen Elizabeth carries) is the ability to carry it on your arm or hold it, and still have a beautiful handbag. 

I was all prepared to buy this bag until I saw the chintzy handle. I would not be able to take it shopping, to church or luncheons as I always need to carry other things in my hands and my bag on my arm.  Why would you wish to carry a framed bag on your shoulder?  What was she thinking!

Esteemed Contributor

Q has taken over her designs and of course cheaped them and charged more than in the store for her items "especially for the QVC customer".  It is hard for me to watch Q do this to her line. 

In the store the bag would have been truely woven and a classic.

Respected Contributor

@Nonametoday   i'm a little confused. i just looked at the bag that you are speaking of. it has a leather "arm strap" as well as a long cross body option.  what is the cheap out on the handle? what type do you think it should have? why is the handle not useful to you? 

i love PN. have several of her bags.  

Honored Contributor

@kittyloo wrote:

@Nonametoday   i'm a little confused. i just looked at the bag that you are speaking of. it has a leather "arm strap" as well as a long cross body option.  what is the cheap out on the handle? what type do you think it should have? why is the handle not useful to you? 

i love PN. have several of her bags.  

@kittyloo   I saw it on video and saw a very short arm strap that would have been only suitable for carrying, not one on the arm.  Perhaps it is deceiving in the video.  Thank you.  I will look again.   I hope you are right because I love this bag otherwise.  If the strap is long enough to use on the arm, I will get it.  It looked very short to me but will check the length.

Honored Contributor

Re: Patricia Nash A352166

[ Edited ]

No, I was right.  It's a chintzed-out handle.  4-inch handle will not fit down my hand and up my arm and it is only one tiny handle, not a good pair for which to carry, so it would be on one side only and that would not distribute the weight properly even so.  I do wish she had made the investment to fit a proper handle for carrying on the arm.  I would not mind paying extra for such.  That bag is going to be very awkward.  The little strap looks like somewhat rawhide, definitely not ladylike.

Esteemed Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

No, I was right.  It's a chintzed-out handle.  4-inch handle will not fit down my hand and up my arm and it is only one tiny handle, not a good pair for which to carry, so it would be on one side only and that would not distribute the weight properly even so.  I do wish she had made the investment to fit a proper handle for carrying on the arm.  I would not mind paying extra for such.  That bag is going to be very awkward.  The little strap looks like somewhat rawhide, definitely not ladylike.

I looked at the bag and I agree with you.  The bag is beautiful but the little handle just doesn't look right to me.  A longer handle and I'd be right behind you buying the pink, I am passing too.

Honored Contributor

Stick with department stores where you'll not only get true Nash bags not diluted for QVC and will often find them on sale for a good bit less with free shipping. She's offered a number of bags in this silhouette.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...