Trusted Contributor

image.jpeg

image.jpegimage.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpegOK Bag Ladies. 

This is the Patricia Nash Zola in Navy. 

About a week ago, my Cousin bought it, impulsively,,at Macy's. 

She kept it a few days,pondering,but, she said basically, she knew it wasn't really a "her bag". 

Today's she's returning it, if I don't want to buy it from her, on sale, it was right around $200. She brought it over for me to take another look. 

It,s a lovely bag. The leather is soft and yummy. It's quite lightweight, empty.  The leather has a slightly distressed look, but, it's not prounced. I'm thinking anyone that buys this should be aware there may be some variations, in the leather. 

This is is a slouchy bag. It doesn't puddle into nothing, but definitely not structured. No feet on the bottom, the handles do not stand up on their own. Neither are big issues for me, but, I know for some they are. 

There  is a generous outside pocket, on the back, nice big, inside zip pocket, 2 nice inside slip pockets. The whip stitching along the top zipper, is nicely done, and adds kind of a cool vintage feel to the bag.  There is also, of course, the adjustable shoulder strap. 

For fun, I put some of my "stuff" in the bag, it's still not very heavy. 

Though I see this as a medium bag, it would hold a lot. 

Finally the feather. Minor detail, since it's easily removed. It's OK I'd probably leave it on , for awhile, and see  how it held up. I compared it to a Coach feather, I have on another bag.  No comparison, the Coach feather is gorgeous. But, also, not a fair compare, the Coach feather was $75, by itself, at full price 

Most of my pic's are a bit dark, sorry. The bottom one is the.best, I think. 

Long post, am I buying the bag?  Sigh------I'd like to, it's lovely. But, I'm supposed to be on a long bag diet, it's over $200, probably not. 

Hard to resist, though♥️💜💙🙃

Esteemed Contributor

@Suhse   Thank you for taking the time to do such a detailed description and for the photos.  I love this bag in the muted olive.  I was petting it at Macy's the other day.

I just wish it was a bit smaller since I am a bit smaller.  I e-mailed Patricia Nash and said I hope she does more bags in this material in the future (distressed leather). They actually answered me and said thanks for my input.

So different from the PN stiff structured bags.  I like a bit of slouch and I liked the dual handle option.  

Honored Contributor

@hicindy2 wrote:

@Suhse   Thank you for taking the time to do such a detailed description and for the photos.  I love this bag in the muted olive.  I was petting it at Macy's the other day.

I just wish it was a bit smaller since I am a bit smaller.  I e-mailed Patricia Nash and said I hope she does more bags in this material in the future (distressed leather). They actually answered me and said thanks for my input.

So different from the PN stiff structured bags.  I like a bit of slouch and I liked the dual handle option.  

@hicindy2 I'm so glad that someone does pet the leather like so many of us doWoman LOL

Esteemed Contributor

Re: PN Zola, Navy

[ Edited ]

@Sister Golden Hair   Talk about Public Displays of Affection, one of my bosses was driving us to an important meeting (corporate banking) and I wouldn't let her put her new bag on the floor of the car.  I held it lovingly in my lap all the way from San Jose to San Francisco.  She told me, if you start talking to it, I am really going to worry.  She got it at Sak's.  Lipstick Red. Really set off those black, gray, navy suits we all had to wear. 

Bottega Veneta

Image result for images of red bottega veneta

Esteemed Contributor

One more thing about handbags:  I subscribe to Acorn TV and watched the campy series Agatha Raisin.  Here she is in a little quaint village (fresh from her PR job in London) with all these lovely bags.  

Image result for images of acorns agatha raisin

Image result for images of acorns agatha raisin

Honored Contributor

Thanks @Suhse for all the pictures (I saw the other one too) and the description. I've had this bag on my mind for a while, but I think you've saved me a bit of money. At the end of the day, it's a lovely bag, but I'm not thinking it would work well for me...

@hicindy2 Thanks for the tip about Acorn... I'd never heard of it, but will check it out. I loved the Agatha Raisin novels and would enjoy seeing them brought to life, though the incarnation of Agatha pictured looks nothing like she is supposed to look, per the books... Not that it would really matter...

Oh, and the red woven in sumptuous... Surprised she could pry it out of your arms upon arrival...

Woman Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@hicindy2 wrote:

@Sister Golden Hair   Talk about Public Displays of Affection, one of my bosses was driving us to an important meeting (corporate banking) and I wouldn't let her put her new bag on the floor of the car.  I held it lovingly in my lap all the way from San Jose to San Francisco.  She told me, if you start talking to it, I am really going to worry.  She got it at Sak's.  Lipstick Red. Really set off those black, gray, navy suits we all had to wear. 

Bottega Veneta

Image result for images of red bottega veneta

@hicindy2 OH MY! I did not see that red bag! Woman Surprised Woman Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Not "my cup of tea" ..... the bag looks like it is worn out & very old .... when I buy a bag it has to look new & not like something I picked up at a thrift store .... just my opinion!!

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't want a full wardrobe of them, but occasionally like a "distressed" look. This one, though, doesn't appear to be one I'd want unless or until I can get it at a more significant mark-down than has been offered to this point.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

Re: PN Zola, Navy

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

I wouldn't want a full wardrobe of them, but occasionally like a "distressed" look. This one, though, doesn't appear to be one I'd want unless or until I can get it at a more significant mark-down than has been offered to this point.

_____

In person, it's pretty; the vintage look is definitely not going to be for everybody. 

I totally agree with you on the price. Personal opinion, but, to me, this is a bag more in the $125-150, max, range, than the $249, it lists for,  The leather is very pretty,  if you're a fan of the vintage look.  

It has some nice features, outside pocket, decent inside organization, I like the lining. But those are all features you can find in bags, far, far less expensive. 

When you think of all the other mid range bags, what $250 would buy,  in their lines, I just don't see justification for this price. 

My Cousin returned it. She said she looked at a couple of other PN bags, possible exchange, but reigned herself in and got the running shoes, that she had planned to buy, before she got  bag distracted!