Esteemed Contributor

Re: PLUS-SIZE MODELS TO BE ADDED TO QVC MODELS, FINALLY !!!

@stevieb wrote:

I guess I'm just wondering what the size of the models has to do with handbags, but oh well...

Woman Wink

@Luvitorleaveit1 wrote:

LOL.......stevieb I didn't notice the forum until now I assumed it was in fashion.

Respected Contributor

That won't end the grumbling.  It will never end.  If they hire a couple of size 22's, there will be an outcry for size 26's.  If they do that the size 30's will want models.  And if those size 20, 24, 28 models are tall, then all the shorties will complain.  And then the top heavy women will complain that the models don't "represent" them.  The model foolishness will never end.  I wonder how many shoppers actually want to see heavier women model clothes.  I'm a 18/20 myself and I don't really want or need to see women who many sizes larger than I am.  Perhaps QVC is considering doing plus size fashion segments. 

Trusted Contributor

I think people are just asking for variety.  Larger size women are a significant percentage of QVC's overall customer base.  It's good business to have them represented as models.

Respected Contributor

I think QVC has really done a nice job with their models, you cannot please everyone all the time!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

That won't end the grumbling.  It will never end.  If they hire a couple of size 22's, there will be an outcry for size 26's.  If they do that the size 30's will want models.  And if those size 20, 24, 28 models are tall, then all the shorties will complain.  And then the top heavy women will complain that the models don't "represent" them.  The model foolishness will never end.  I wonder how many shoppers actually want to see heavier women model clothes.  I'm a 18/20 myself and I don't really want or need to see women who many sizes larger than I am.  Perhaps QVC is considering doing plus size fashion segments. 

I agree. They will never be able to cover every possible base. I don't think they could possibly always include models that meet everyone's specific shape, size, coloring and so on... nor, frankly, do I feel it's necessary for them to try to do so.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

I agree. They will never be able to cover every possible base. I don't think they could possibly always include models that meet everyone's specific shape, size, coloring and so on... nor, frankly, do I feel it's necessary for them to try to do so.

@Luvitorleaveit1 wrote:

If QVC adds a plus size fashion segment then that's another story; otherwise just because they have clothes in larger sizes that doesn't mean they will have plus size models actually in those clothes. 

Honored Contributor