Super Contributor

Oyster color Dooney & Bourke

If anyone has this handbag color can you give me a good description of what it looks like in person? Thanks

Super Contributor

Re: Oyster color Dooney & Bourke

I just received a Zip Zip in Oyster last week. The color reminds me of a very light taupe but has the blush pink tint to it. When I wore pink over the weekend and carried the bag, the pinks were pulled out more in the color. I put it against my black skirt and the bag pulled like a light gray. I don't know of that helps you any but this is how I see the color. BTW, I absolutely love the color and it's a good color to carry year round.

Trusted Contributor

I just received it in the small lexington and I agree that the color is kind of taupe but it has like a pink undertone.  It is very pretty and I think it's a really different twist on a neutral Smiley Happy I really love the color. It does seem to run different depending on the leather type though. Hope this helps.

Respected Contributor

The oyster seems to look different depending upon the leather.  I was in the Dooney store this weekend and one oyster style looked like a pale mauve-grey.  But in a different leather an oyster handbag looked like a light beige.

I'll bet lighting is a factor also.

Super Contributor

@Lavenderjunkie wrote:

The oyster seems to look different depending upon the leather.  I was in the Dooney store this weekend and one oyster style looked like a pale mauve-grey.  But in a different leather an oyster handbag looked like a light beige.

I'll bet lighting is a factor also.

I agree!!! The pebble grain looks a lot different from the saffiano. I think the saffiano is more of the pale mauve grey. I'm going to the D&B outlet this Friday so I can't wait to see what all they have. Hopefully some good deals will be going on, too.

Super Contributor

Thanks all for answering the question. My logo lock that I ordered should arrive next week and I'm hoping it's got a good blush undertone. Take care all.