Respected Contributor

Re: Out with the OLD, in with the NEW : MZ Wallace Redux

@hicindy2@EdithEllenLily 

I also hate to see them cutting back on the Bedford collection.   Just skimming through the collection it does seem like they already have less Bedford options.  

I agree that the soho crossbody looks very similar to the Jordan one, except it looks like less pleating.  

Esteemed Contributor

Just to let you know so you don't think I'm rude, taking some time off from our happy posting place.  As many of you know, my sweet SIL passed away last May.  Her spouse is going downhill fast and we have to steer him through the medical and psychiatric system.  His daughter is in Alaska with a new baby and the stepdaughter is going to school, so looks like it is up to us.  Wish me luck. You gals are often my "bright spot".  

Honored Contributor

@hicindy2 Continued strength and positive wishes for everyone...make sure you get a lot of rest each night and take good care...EEL Heart

Hope to see you when you need a break and have time to pop in and say hello...until then, be thinking of what you want to do with your MZW points that were issued today! Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hicindy2 @EdithEllenLily @Roni18 @skyblue @foofooshishi @Kachina624  and all:

Not sure if this is the right thread, but wanted to say "hi" and hope you are all well!

I was super good during the holiday sale and only bought one bag (as I intended) -- picked up the glazed graphite small abbey. ❤️

I still have points to use, but am not too inspired by the current offerings (but it could be my state of mind). Hoping more new comes out before April.

I was super excited to go to the pop-up here, but left extremely disappointed. It wasn't a true pop-up. They only had like half a dozen bags in mushroom and the new palm print and dawn. Not a single bedford bag.

For those interested in the palm print, it is very pretty and quite vibrant. The inside is a neon green (reminds me of your HB bag, @EdithEllenLily ).

I was able to see the micro crosby, mini crosby and jimmy for the first time.

The free gift was the steel metallic metro key chain. But I was so let down that I didn't buy anything and so didn't get the gift. The rep there was super nice though. And she was only one person, I felt badly she had to attend to all the folks and help place online orders over the computer while keeping an eye on all the customers.

Appreciate that they came out to L.A., but I left empty-handed and then had to pay $15 for valet parking. Annoying. Be wary if you have a pop-up in your area to make sure it's a real pop-up and not just a handful of bags in a jean store. 😬 OK, enough on that point.

Anyway, for those interested in mushroom, it is a very pretty creamy bone. No shimmer that I could discern and the red edging looks great on it.

Those are the only sneak peeks I got.

Looks like you all did get some nice bags during the sale! Hope you are enjoying them. It's been raining like crazy here, so I've been using the lacquer a lot still. It was fun to see what bags folks chose to take to the pop-up though. I saw a lovely mulberry jane. 

Cheers all and miss you!

@hicindy2  Sorry about your BIL. Hope he improves soon and 🤗 to you. Hang in there.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Serendipity @No new MZ Wallace bags for me. I’m still using my Jordan for big trips. It’s a workhorse!

The Pop Up Shop sounds like a huge flop! It seems more like an overstock “sale”. Sorry it was a bummer.

I hope work is great and your folks are well. Have you replaced Monstro, or is it still eating keys and phones? 🔑 📱😜

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@skyblue wrote:

@Serendipity @No new MZ Wallace bags for me. I’m still using my Jordan for big trips. It’s a workhorse!

The Pop Up Shop sounds like a huge flop! It seems more like an overstock “sale”. Sorry it was a bummer.

I hope work is great and your folks are well. Have you replaced Monstro, or is it still eating keys and phones? 🔑 📱😜

@skyblue  Hi Sky! 😘 Fellow night owl. I was actually thinking of the jordan with points ... maybe. Glad it's still working out for you. Oh, and scratch from the list the crosby traveler, I tried it for a holiday getaway and it was too small and frustrating. I've used it as a "big day" work bag. But not ideal for traveling unless you have another bag for sure!

Monstro is biding his time ... 🤣 ... but the day is coming. LOL. All is well. Hasd been a crazy year starting with the fires -- only a few miles away -- I had to self-evac because of the smoke. But all is well now. And then lots of other things kept popping up. But everyone is well. Hope the same for you! 🤗

Esteemed Contributor

@Serendipity   Thanks for the pop up report.  Sorry it was a dud. Kinda taking a break from MZW for a bit. My BIL is home now and seeing a local psychiatrist for a tune up.  We lost the whole month of February to that scary situation.  We did get to spend some time with my niece though (she goes to college in Santa Cruz) and she sent us a lovely thank you card with a real stamp and everything !!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hicindy2 wrote:

@Serendipity   Thanks for the pop up report.  Sorry it was a dud. Kinda taking a break from MZW for a bit. My BIL is home now and seeing a local psychiatrist for a tune up.  We lost the whole month of February to that scary situation.  We did get to spend some time with my niece though (she goes to college in Santa Cruz) and she sent us a lovely thank you card with a real stamp and everything !!

@hicindy2  Yep! I was so looking forward to it, I scheduled my plans around it. And then there were like a few oxfords. I guess the bedford were too heavy to ship comparatively speaking. I so miss the old MZW styles. I almost went in defiance with my Roxy. LOL. But it was raining, so lacquer it was. Everyone I saw come in though was carrying bedford.

Glad your BIL is doing better! How scary. Tough year. Your niece is lovely and seems strong too! 😊

Respected Contributor

@Serendipity wrote:

@skyblue wrote:

@skyblue  Hi Sky! 😘 Fellow night owl. I was actually thinking of the jordan with points ... maybe. Glad it's still working out for you. Oh, and scratch from the list the crosby traveler, I tried it for a holiday getaway and it was too small and frustrating. I've used it as a "big day" work bag. But not ideal for traveling unless you have another bag for sure!

Monstro is biding his time ... 🤣 ... but the day is coming. LOL. All is well. Hasd been a crazy year starting with the fires -- only a few miles away -- I had to self-evac because of the smoke. But all is well now. And then lots of other things kept popping up. But everyone is well. Hope the same for you! 🤗

@Serendipity 🦉Points RULE! That’s the way to go. Sorry about the Traveler. I hate it when they just don’t work out the way you envision,🙄It’s so annoying.

The Jordan has been great. There’s a few trips on the horizon so it will be in full gear. I need a new suitcase soon. Mine experienced zipper failure so I’ll need to do research.

Glad the fires are behind you and you remained safe. That is SO sad and scary!

Esteemed Contributor

@Serendipity   I know... I miss the old excitement generated by the Bedford line up and new fun colors and patterns.  Nothing replaces the Roxy and I keep waiting for the "come back". The Oxford explosion is getting tedious except for a couple of fun prints like graffiti (I like my micro Sutton).  Time to hit the "pause" button. 

Graffiti Print Micro Sutton (11091528)