Honored Contributor

Outdated? Not in my world!

Honored Contributor

@Lavenderjunkie wrote:

Embossed leather,  like ostrich and croco, are classics.  They get extra fashion focus every few years,  especially in the fall and winter,  when 'texture' seems to capture the fashion looks.

If you want an embossed leather handbag like ostrich to look like it might be the real thing ( a high end luxury item),  then stick to black,  brown, or cognac colors.  They are the most realistic looking.

On the other hand,  if you just love the look of ostrich and croco leathers,  then go for it in any color that pleases you.   That's what I do.   I have a large collection of Dooney ostrich embossed handbags.... black, cognac, pink, bone, orange, red, and 'jeans'.   The black and bone are my favorites.  I've had the black ostrich one for many years, and it gets softer and softer all the time.    The other advantage of black is that if over time the color wears a little on the corner of the handbag,  it's easy to 'fix' with a permanent marker.

@Lavenderjunkie  @stevieb  @SahmIam  @faeriemoon  @KentuckyWoman 

The one I purchased is black with black trim, none of the camel or beige leather trim, gold color findings which are not highly visible except for the label (which I like).  Every woman should own a nice black leather satchel.  It just makes one look more serious about any situation.  Other days, carry what you like but on that business day, lead wtih that black satchel.  Mine will be ostrich embossed.

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday 

Here's the one from the thread I told you I started a few weeks ago:

Image result for dooney black/black ostrich zip zip satchel

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

@Nonametoday 

Here's the one from the thread I told you I started a few weeks ago:

Image result for dooney black/black ostrich zip zip satchel

@faeriemoon   Same bag except the stitching on the one I ordered is black.

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday   Oooooh; I think I would have loved black stitching instead of white...

Honored Contributor

Re: Ostrich handbags

[ Edited ]

It's pretty with the white top stitching though I'd like to see it with the black top stitch before knowing which I'd prefer... Agree though, this bag is best in solid black without contrasting leather trim... Interesting that some bags work best when solid and others work best with a complementary color leather trim on the handles or strap...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

Enjoy your new Dooney black ostrich embossed zip zip satchel.  The zip zip is a timeless and elegant style.  Black ostrich with black leather trim is so rich looking.  That handbag should be in your collection for many,  many years and hopefully get a lot of use.