Super Contributor

So many of the Oryany bags are now a clearance.  One relatively new bag that I had on my wish list was just added.  I am worried.  Are they leaving the Q too?  Anybody know?

Trusted Contributor

We hear from hosts and designers that they are now working on fall 2017 and also that it takes a year to get an ordered refilled.  We have also heard that QVC financially are not having a good year because sales have dropped so much.  They also took on new products during this time period.  They are having more sales at lower prices than I have seen from them for such a concentrated period of time.  I think that maybe the hosts are speaking the truth when they say they need to empty their warehouses to make room for the new product orders that are to come and probably already here.  I have at least 5  of their bags.  I have been very happy with the purchase and I have used them alot.  I like the style and the organization and the leather.. All 5 stars plus.

Super Contributor

I agree that they are a great brand.  I have many Oryany's and am always very pleased with the quality, leather, style, etc.  I have drifted away from D&B and am buying more and more Oryany's; really hoping they aren't going anywhere.  Sometimes I feel like the "Q" is getting rid of the good stuff and bringing more and more high mark-up junk....time will tell, I guess.  Thanks for your input.

Honored Contributor

Regardless of the state of their warehouses, it's almost October. That means fall bags should be 'on the shelves'. Nobody is going to wait for them to empty their warehouses, they'll simply buy their fall and winter bags elsewhere, paying less for the bags and for shipping. They certainly don't seem to have any shortage of Dooney or Kestenberg. As for their cash-flow and over-stocked warehouse situations, they created their own financial mess.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

I LOVE Oryany bags! I hope they keep this line. I actually just discovered them with their TSV last Spring. It has become my favorite brand, ahead of Dooney & B, Coach, Brahmin, etc.

Honored Contributor

There are a ton of bags from all brands on clearance right now.  Seems as though the Q has finally figured out that holding that old merchandise for years actually costs them money.  They also may be trying to liquidate assets to pump up the bottom line.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I recently purchased 2 OrYany bags from Neiman Marcus Last Call at a large discount. They are very nice. 

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

There are a ton of bags from all brands on clearance right now.  Seems as though the Q has finally figured out that holding that old merchandise for years actually costs them money.  They also may be trying to liquidate assets to pump up the bottom line.

Exactly... just as I think their choice to close the Rehoboth outlet and sell outlet items on-line in the 'as-is' section is an attempt to bolster their fading profits... Outlet prices have, by most accounts, been pretty good. Yet despite the fact that they've liked to put it out there that the 'as-is' section is their 'on-line outlet' the prices have never matched true outlet prices. Here's betting that they won't be offering things as-is at the lower outlet prices once they close the Rehoboth outlet... They're hoping for a double whammy... Not only do they save the costs of operating an outlet store, but I'd bet they'll sell the same items for more...

@Kachina624 @EdithEllenLily

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Remember all the items they never sold Off?  They'd come around annually like old friends.  There was the pantsuit with epaulets on the shoulders, the suede jacket and my personal favorite, Susan's roadkill coat.  Anyone else remember something?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Remember all the items they never sold Off?  They'd come around annually like old friends.  There was the pantsuit with epaulets on the shoulders, the suede jacket and my personal favorite, Susan's roadkill coat.  Anyone else remember something?

Lol I think I remember a DC barn style jacket i think the first time I saw it was like 10 years ago then I think I saw that same jacket last year