Regular Contributor

I am pretty sure that OrYany handbags will be coming back. I found a website for them, but QVC won’t let me post it. I didn’t know that was not allowed. All that the new site said was OPENING SOON. I think they may be expanding their line to clothing and jewelry. Will have to wait and see when the new website opens.

Respected Contributor

What has happend to this brand? I thought it was a Morrocan brand. Now it appears to be Korean?  Did the comany get sold?  So weird.  

Regular Contributor

I think you are correct. It seems like the new bags are made in Korea, as there is a kr in their new website, which QVC won’t allow me to post.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@DeeDee14 

You may post a website address. I will give you an example.

oryany dot com

Hope this is helpful for you.

Regular Contributor

@butterfly123 wrote:

@DeeDee14 

You may post a website address. I will give you an example.

oryany dot com

Hope this is helpful for you.

I posted the website and they took my post off. They said it was not allowed, so I did try that already. Once the website is open, I will try your suggestion. Thanks!

Respected Contributor

Recently I have used two of my Oryany handbags.  As I look at them and note the feaures, I realize what good quality and workmanship went into the bags.  The prices were no higher than other QVC brands.  Too bad if the handbag line goes away. 

Honored Contributor

I also believe the site is Korean. I was going to post it earlier, but the thread disappeared. The kr designation is for a Korean ISP. I'd had my fill of oryany anyway, but I'll most definitely take a pass. Despite any Moroccan influence, primarily in the design of their interiors and dust bags, I believe oryany, as it was first developed, was based in NYC... Handbag brands come and they go... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor
They claimed in the presentations that the owner was from Morocco but I don’t think the bags were ever made there. The company was based in NY iirc and is not the first handbag line he was associated with. I think he was also part of Maxx NY ?
Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

He was the husband of Cherie Christmas.  They founded Maxx New York together.  After they divorced he started OrYany.  She was always the face of Maxx on QVC but they both seem like very talented designers.

Super Contributor

Great... I have several Oryanay bags and the quality, look and leather are impeccable! Hope the Korea thing is true...that means no tariff cost increase...as most other bag lines come from China, this could mean a lot of airtime for Oryany! Yea!!