Valued Contributor

Re: Once you go crossbody you can't go back

@cotton4me 

You might want to look over on HSN at a crossbody I purchased and like a lot. 

# 5 8 1 - 8 8 4  Joy and Iman Diamond Quilted Leather Crossbody w/ RFID.   $99.95.  

I bought it in  COGNAC  and it is a buttery caramel color and Goldilocks size. <G>  

This item also has a matching wallet on reduced price but I did not purchase (yet)    

Keep Calm and Crossbody On, 

CAT 

* Please do visit our new  QVC TRAVEL FORUM !!  

Respected Contributor

I have always had crossbody bags. Even my Coach duffles can be converted into crossbody--which is why I have held on to them. You will always need one. Satchels may be elegant looking, but most of us have to deal with life. We shop, travel, care for children and pets. Some of us are unable to carry a shoulder bag or a satchel. 

If you think about it, the true top handle came out a time when women didn't work outside of the home. There was a time when you dressed to go out in public and handbags went more with that. If women couldn't carry a bag, they designed ingenious ways of concealing cash. So there was none of this "carry life in your purse."

The LV Speedy satchels were meant for "ladies who lunch." Until recently, you couldn't get one design to be worn crossbody.

Fortunately, though, we have lots of crossbody options. But now it looks like the pendulum is swinging towards shoulder bags. They have their place, but I hate when they become a trend, because then it becomes extremely difficult to find a really nice cross body. So if you find one you love, buy two and put one away for when choices become more limited.

Respected Contributor

When I worked I felt the need to have a lot of stuff with me so I carried mostly hobos.   Now I only carry a crossbody.  I would probably put the hobo down and forget it somewhere.  I would also like to see crossbodies a little wider.  I don't want to get too big or I will stuff it with stuff I don't need and make it heavy. 

Honored Contributor

That's the only bag I will use, crossbody.. Sometimes a samll fanny pack hidden under my shirt.

Honored Contributor

@JavaQueenwrote:

I have always had crossbody bags. Even my Coach duffles can be converted into crossbody--which is why I have held on to them. You will always need one. Satchels may be elegant looking, but most of us have to deal with life. We shop, travel, care for children and pets. Some of us are unable to carry a shoulder bag or a satchel. 

If you think about it, the true top handle came out a time when women didn't work outside of the home. There was a time when you dressed to go out in public and handbags went more with that. If women couldn't carry a bag, they designed ingenious ways of concealing cash. So there was none of this "carry life in your purse."

The LV Speedy satchels were meant for "ladies who lunch." Until recently, you couldn't get one design to be worn crossbody.

Fortunately, though, we have lots of crossbody options. But now it looks like the pendulum is swinging towards shoulder bags. They have their place, but I hate when they become a trend, because then it becomes extremely difficult to find a really nice cross body. So if you find one you love, buy two and put one away for when choices become more limited.

@JavaQueen  If you still have your LV Speedy, the LV site now offers crossbody attachable staps for their bags.

Respected Contributor

Thanks. I know.

I used to purchase an extra strap for my Speedys (ies)? Some SA's refused to sell them; others were happy to accommodate me. The bags are so well made that they could take it. It did nick up the plating on the hardware though.

Regular Contributor

My favorite xbody bags are the ones you can adjust to wear short shoulder OR come with a built in shorter strap. I have several that fit this description and love the option of wearing them either way. What did we do before the cross body style entered our lives?

Occasional Contributor

Women's crossbody purse is the perfect size for everyday use. The roomy interior can comfortably hold your wallet, smart phone, keys, medicines, and also offers two inside open pockets for a compact, lipstick, etc. The exterior has two more open pockets hidden under the flap and a large zippered back pocket.

Respected Contributor

I agree totally. For me they have to be light weight. I have Lugs and want to try a Kipling. For special occasions I have leather bags. My arms can’t deal with heavy bags.