Respected Contributor

Omg missed Dooney on HauteLook AGAIN

[ Edited ]

This is the third time argh. I had a medical procedure this morning and just looked at HL. I guess it's not meant to be. (And I'm not checking my email enough or I would have seen that). 

Super Contributor

Re: Omg missed Dooney on HauteLook AGAIN

Hi Reba, hope everything went well @The Docs.

Don't worry, you didn't miss a thing, since everything & I do mean everything was either on hold or sold out within the 1st second & I do mean Second.

Magically, most the these same bags showed up on ebay within minutes.

I hope that HL will either limit the amount of dealers or how many bags they can purchase.  I'm guessing that they have multiple accounts & just grab everything available, leaving nothing for the rest of us.

A very disappointing & frustrating event, as I had my heart set on a few bags for Christmas gifts!Woman Frustrated

Respected Contributor

@wenfen. All good, thanks. That's interesting with the holds and sell outs. I've often wondered if someone is using software to get to those things that quick. I've literally sat and refreshed my page continually so I know I get to the page as soon as it's available and found the same thing. I've done the same at Ticketmaster before too and tickets have sold out. Suspicious for sure but at least Ticketmaster makes you type in a code. I don't know how they are doing it. 

Esteemed Contributor

I had the same experience with Nordstrom Rack yesterday.

Got an e-mail advising me of a Dooney sale, immediately went to their site, and probably 95 percent already "On Hold."  The site stated people could hold items in their cart for 15 minutes before it would be put back on sale.  The whole thing was an exercise in frustration.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Great analogy comparing to TM, since Hubby & I attends lots of concerts & I can totally relate.  The scalpers have really fast computers & a former TM friend told me that they don't use the same website for tickets.  They also seem to "steal" most of the better fan club tix as well...Very, very frustrating.

Hoping for another DB Hautelook sale soon.

TC & Rock On!

Super Contributor

@Reba0555 FYI...looks like Hautelook added a few moire new bags to their Dooney sale today.  I was able to get a black  pebble leather bag at a really good price.

Check it out & good-luck!