Honored Contributor

Re: October 10 is National Handbag Day: Buying a New Bag Seems a Duty!

@1Professor wrote:

@handygal2 wrote:

@1Professor wrote:

These Brahmin lovelies deserve my serious adoration:

3304332-p-DETAILED.jpg

brahmin-black-vivian-satchel-product-4-14913847-175642278.jpeg

Brahim-Handbags-Brahmin-Saint-Germain-Duxbury-Satchel-Being-Melody.jpg

@1Professor:  I'm obsessing over this bluish-colored bag at the bottom, which l commented on yesterday. Can you be an enabler, and give me a lead on the name of the bag and where you found the photo??

@Alas, @handgal, I can't refind it! It could've been on pinterest, polyvore, or a general google search. Tried again, but it didn't pop up. Since it's not on the brahmin site, I assume it's past-season?

Thanks, @1Professor. Stevieb also confirmed that it appears to no longer be available. That's actually a blessing in disguise for me, lol. No doubt l will promptly find another bag to obsess over!

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@handygal2 wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@handygal2 wrote:

Thanks for your reply, @stevieb. I found one on eBay in black, together with a matching wallet. But at $1,200, that's too rich for my blood! So it's probably a good thing that it's not available in the color l love. I'll have to find another bag to obsess about, lol.

@handygal2... That's truly ludicrous. I doubt the cost of that bag (even with a wallet) even approached that amount, though I could be wrong. Besides, it was that sort of slate blue color that drew me to the bag in the first place. I like black bags, but in this case, I think I'll take a pass too. It would appear that this is actually not a newer bag.

@stevieb:  I agree that the price is way out of line, especially b/c it's not nearly as striking in black. And l doubt that anyone will "bite." But l guess the seller thinks she/he is sitting on a rare commodity!

@handygal2 Oh well... not loving that elongated nameplate across the bottom anyway...

Smiley Wink

Though I supposed I could've learned to overlook it...

Smiley Surprised

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I've been trying to be good with my handbag shopping but broke down last week and ordered a Sharif bag from the other shopping channel.  It was the Boucle' Floral Satchel.  It is truly a beautiful bag and it seems to be well made.  Now I'm trying to talk myself out of ordering another of his bags!