Honored Contributor

OWN A BOTTEGA VENETA HANDBAG?

I stopped in a Neiman Marcus the other day and just had to wander through the handbag dept.    

I was thinking of getting a Bottega Veneta wallet one of these days when mine is worn,  but then I started looking at the handbags ... pricey, to say the least!    Yikes.

The softness of the leather takes my breath away.    Nevertheless ..... what I hadn't expected was how HEAVY some of them were ... empty!   

My question is .... do / did you ever carry a BV handbag?  Was it overly heavy?   How did it wear over time?   

Trusted Contributor

Re: OWN A BOTTEGA VENETA HANDBAG

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

I stopped in a Neiman Marcus the other day and just had to wander through the handbag dept.    

I was thinking of getting a Bottega Veneta wallet one of these days when mine is worn,  but then I started looking at the handbags ... pricey, to say the least!    Yikes.

The softness of the leather takes my breath away.    Nevertheless ..... what I hadn't expected was how HEAVY some of them were ... empty!   

My question is .... do / did you ever carry a BV handbag?  Was it overly heavy?   How did it wear over time?   

My mom has several and loves them.

She just went to Italy in July and returned with an other.

They wear beautifuly she tells me and it's one of her signature brands!  I want to say there is one bag that she has by them that she has worn over 10 years.   Her wallet, however, is by Prada!! And she does like that brand too!! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Re: OWN A BOTTEGA VENETA HANDBAG?

I have 2 BV handbags. I do not find them heavy at all. It is what you put into it that you have to consider. That said I would not buy a BV wallet. I find that I am not careful wth wallets. If a loop pulls it is finished. That's just me.

Respected Contributor

I have one. It's not heavy. It's a beautiful bag but I've only carried it a few times. 

Super Contributor

I bought one back in the 90s on a trip to Europe, a big splurge but the exchange rate was favorable at the time. I still love it, a classic. I have had it professionally "cleaned" twice, to keep the leather supple and dirt free. I would say it is as heavy as any other leather bag, not more or less. Hope you enjoy it if you take the plunge and buy one!

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because a link to a retail site was added.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have a BV bag-- woven leather with contrast trim-- which I have carried off and on for years-- a couple of decades. Good bag. I think I got it in Manhattan. Probably Barney's back in the day. But I wouldn't want a collection of woven bags. One is enough. They do other leathers, too, but wovens are their signature, of course. They aren't heavy. I have only used my fave equestrian leather conditioner(same as I use on saddles, boots) on the bag, and it looks perfect.