Respected Contributor

For a quality leather bag, $160 is inexpensive

Honored Contributor

I doubt she was assuming anything.  I don't get why people that watch the presentations are so sensitive to the nonsense a host would say.  

I can say "it's only $amount or paid only $amount to someone but that does not mean I am making any assumptions about what they can afford.

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@Still Raining wrote:

She is a paid sales person.  She does not care about a particular person's budget.  She is moving merchandise.

Mary Beth is very sweet and caring. She is not a "cut  throat salesperson" such as Rick. I dont think she worries about sales numbers.

She's just as cut throat as the rest of them.  She's just more subtle, adopting a different persona.  Don't be fooled.  If she didn't have the sales, she wouldn't have lasted so long.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@FancyPhillyshopper wrote:

I come to this channel to see the PRODUCTS, not the hosts!

Many of us love the hosts and have come to know them throughout the years. I have followed Mary Beth since she was on CVN.  She is a dear mother to her sons and adapted daughter. Now a grandmother she is embarking on another phase of life.  She is sweet as pie and comes from good stock.

Esteemed Contributor

All my Dooneys came from Ilovedooney dot com (D&B's outlet). 

3 months ago, I had a travel physical therapist staying in my house - and I purchased a gorgeous draw-string Dooney for her birthday. Regular price was $265. and I got it for $119. from Dooney & Bourke.

Everyone spends money differently - and some people, like me, always check out items.

Respected Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@Still Raining wrote:

She is a paid sales person.  She does not care about a particular person's budget.  She is moving merchandise.

Mary Beth is very sweet and caring. She is not a "cut  throat salesperson" such as Rick. I dont think she worries about sales numbers.

You are kidding, right? That's all she cares about because it is her job.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

Oh brother... For pity sake... On and on and on it goes... Buy it, don't buy it... Whatever... $160 is decent sum of money, but it's not a lot for a Dooney bag... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Is that the Zip Zip bag?  If so, it's probably worth it.  It's as indestructible as a bag can be and will probably go on forever.  I have 3 of them and have contemplated another, but I got them at Ilovedooney for less money.  I love that bag.  Mine all look brand new.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@Reever wrote:

@Still Raining wrote:

You are kidding, right? That's all she cares about because it is her job.

Agreed!!  

She sure does worry about those sales numbers!! ....they ALL do and if they didn't they wouldn't be selling on QVC for long!

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@Still Raining wrote:

She hasn't lasted this long at the Q by not worrying about sales, she cultivates that persona