Respected Contributor

I anyone watching the D&B show right now.  Mary Beth was showing a bag and said, "It's only $160.  I know a few people who couldn't afford even $60 let alone $160.  Please don't assume everyone can afford anything they sell on QVC.  I realize you can buy them on easy-pay but I've always been told, "don't assume anything".  I've heard a few of the hosts say those phrases and I know it's just a phrase but, in my opinion not a good one.

Respected Contributor

no doubt folks of all financial situations are viewing 

her statement was based on the price in relation to many of the dooney prices

in no way was she meaning that price was within everyones reach.

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Esteemed Contributor

She is a paid sales person.  She does not care about a particular person's budget.  She is moving merchandise.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Still Raining wrote:

She is a paid sales person.  She does not care about a particular person's budget.  She is moving merchandise.

I agree she is a paid sales person but she has always been sensitive to people in general.  

$160 for a Dooney bag IS a good deal and it seems that's what she is trying to say to people shopping for a Dooney bag, here is a bargain.

Respected Contributor

My feeling was that she was saying it in comparison to the others, but still my same opinion.  I don't like that kind sales tactics.

Esteemed Contributor

@Bhvbum wrote:

@Still Raining wrote:

I agree she is a paid sales person but she has always been sensitive to people in general.  

$160 for a Dooney bag IS a good deal and it seems that's what she is trying to say to people shopping for a Dooney bag, here is a bargain.

@Bhvbum She is a paid sales person period. There is no sensitivity in sales. She loves the lifestyle it affords her, so she doesn't care if you can afford it or not. 

Respected Contributor

@Still Raining wrote:

Mary Beth is very sweet and caring. She is not a "cut  throat salesperson" such as Rick. I dont think she worries about sales numbers.

Respected Contributor

@manny2 wrote:

@Bhvbum wrote:

@Still Raining wrote:

@Bhvbum She is a paid sales person period. There is no sensitivity in sales. She loves the lifestyle it affords her, so she doesn't care if you can afford it or not. 

I don't know Mary Beth personally and neither do you.  I only have 25 years of watching her on QVC, so I have formed my own opinion. I also disagree with you, "there is no sensitivity in sales."

Respected Contributor

So hysterical to think that this thread is trying to interpret the motives and values of the hosts!

So strange to think that one person's words as a salesperson can make viewers react so strongly.

QVC customers seem to either like or dislike certain hosts--which is why there are a lot of different hosts who sell the same thing.

I come to this channel to see the PRODUCTS, not the hosts!

Honored Contributor

The "only" is kind of annoying but very typical is sales tactics