Honored Contributor

Re: November Dooney tsv

[ Edited ]

@Shawnie wrote:

Heavy pebble leather.  Tired old design.  An easy pass for me.

It really does give 'stale' a whole new meaning. I mean, it's not an ugly bag, but it's not remotely fresh nor is it particularly attractive, either... Yea, as was said, been there done that and then done it again, one more time...

And did everybody get a load of that 'reduced shipping and handling'... I mean, big wow... all the way down to ten bucks... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

@libbyannE wrote:

@1Professor wrote:

@libbyannE @Shawnie @Arianny

Screen Shot 2017-10-16 at 7.47.28 AM.png

It's a possible for me . . . (teal!)

@1Professor

I see why you are drawn to what they call "teal." . It looks like more of a deep forest or pine green. I have a similar, rich dark green in a Dooney Florentine Toscana satchel, and I love the color.  If I were getting this bag, I would probably be drawn to either the saddle color or the teal myself. I just feel I've seen this style so often, and I'm not big on this kind of a shoulder bag for me. I like the equestrian straps. Had this been a softer, slouched hobo, I might have been interested. That's just me and not a criticism of the bag which I'm sure is a good value for that money.  For a slouchy look, I've been carrying a softer Dooney Newbury leather Dixon bag in "desert," , which I bought  a year or two ago. It has a super-long strap and can be worn crossbody or as a long slouchy shoulder  bag. And this season  I just resurrected a fabulous coach bag that I bought 10 or 12 years ago, which is an unstructured vacchetta equestrian hobo bag.  I was rather hoping that Dooney would come out with a TSV that was more in that soft and slouchy style. Just me.  In Paris last winter, I saw women in their oversized long coats with slouchy bags and I can't get that style out of my mind.  I just bought a new camel hair coat that slightly oversized on purpose because – here's that word again – I feel like "slouching" around town in amy own oversize coat this winter!  It sounds terrible but they all looked great.  Even the new were exaggerated shoulder pads look fresh again on these women. Paris is great for street style alone. It's worth it just to go and sit and watch what people are wearing! 

@libbyannE wrote:

@1Professor wrote:

@libbyannE @Shawnie @Arianny

Screen Shot 2017-10-16 at 7.47.28 AM.png

It's a possible for me . . . (teal!)

@1Professor

I see why you are drawn to what they call "teal." . It looks like more of a deep forest or pine green. I have a similar, rich dark green in a Dooney Florentine Toscana satchel, and I love the color.  If I were getting this bag, I would probably be drawn to either the saddle color or the teal myself. I just feel I've seen this style so often, and I'm not big on this kind of a shoulder bag for me. I like the equestrian straps. Had this been a softer, slouched hobo, I might have been interested. That's just me and not a criticism of the bag which I'm sure is a good value for that money.  For a slouchy look, I've been carrying a softer Dooney Newbury leather Dixon bag in "desert," , which I bought  a year or two ago. It has a super-long strap and can be worn crossbody or as a long slouchy shoulder  bag. And this season  I just resurrected a fabulous coach bag that I bought 10 or 12 years ago, which is an unstructured vacchetta equestrian hobo bag.  I was rather hoping that Dooney would come out with a TSV that was more in that soft and slouchy style. Just me.  In Paris last winter, I saw women in their oversized long coats with slouchy bags and I can't get that style out of my mind.  I just bought a new camel hair coat that slightly oversized on purpose because – here's that word again – I feel like "slouching" around town in amy own oversize coat this winter!  It sounds terrible but they all looked great.  Even the new were exaggerated shoulder pads look fresh again on these women. Paris is great for street style alone. It's worth it just to go and sit and watch what people are wearing! 

@libbyannE I love that Pine Green color.  I want it in the toscana side zip satchel.  I have that satchel in bordeaux and absolutely love it.  Does that color tend to go with other colors? 

Yes, the pine green seems to go with just about anything.

Respected Contributor

Checked the measurements, too small for me.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

@libbyannE wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Shawnie wrote:

I dont have the November Insider yet so I don't know about any TSV.  I hope they don't include accessories.  they just drive up the cost of the bag and I have enough.  WHo needs another key fob, or needed one in the first place.  ANother pouch?  Got plenty.  $229 is a lot of money for most people to spend on a bag and the q is out to sell lots of bags.  

Exactly. Their goal is volume sales and they've likely assessed there are not a huge number of viewers who routinely have more than a couple hundred dollars to spend on bags. They probably also figure anyone seeking a higher end bag realizes they have plenty of options about where they might obtain one without relying on a supposedly 'special value' through QVC. I also agree that another key fob at this point is rather pointless. The only accessory I ever though was worthwhile was the kiss lock purse that used to come with the Logo Lock. Unfortunately, I never liked the bag. Personally, I'm pretty likely not going to be much interested in whatever they come up with. There are only a few Dooney bags at this point I'd consider and it's unlikely any of them will be the one.

@stevieb

I was just disappointed that the style is so "been there, done that." I replied to somebody else just a moment ago and said I was hoping for something a little fresher and slouchier.  I'm a broken record now but I'm just loving the large Sadie Florentine feed bag that I bought from Dooney last month. I don't expect QVC to offer that kind of quality in a TSV, though I did expect that it might be a fresher style, as was the Brenna a couple of years ago.  I'm not even marginally interested in this one. 

@libbyannE I completely agree with you that so many of their TSV's seem utterly redundant and very run of the mill... I don't think there's much in the way of creativity still abouding at QVC, and this is the unfortunate result...

@stevieb

Beautifully said.  I keep hoping  that a Dooney TSV will be something really fresh and interesting, which is what they used to be. This tsv bag is classic, yes, but it is old!  Have the qvc buyers changed, or did management urge them to hit a low price point, which forces them to go back to an old, existing Dooney design? Not that I need another handbag, in any case. The good news is that, per my posts in your  bag dames section, I'm also a Liebeskind fan and love the Liebeskind Virginia bag. I don't need it, but it looks great so, knowing that I won't be ordering a couple Dooney TSVs this week, after all,  I just ordered the Virginia bag from another site because of the free shipping. 

Honored Contributor

@libbyannE wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@libbyannE wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Shawnie wrote:

I dont have the November Insider yet so I don't know about any TSV.  I hope they don't include accessories.  they just drive up the cost of the bag and I have enough.  WHo needs another key fob, or needed one in the first place.  ANother pouch?  Got plenty.  $229 is a lot of money for most people to spend on a bag and the q is out to sell lots of bags.  

Exactly. Their goal is volume sales and they've likely assessed there are not a huge number of viewers who routinely have more than a couple hundred dollars to spend on bags. They probably also figure anyone seeking a higher end bag realizes they have plenty of options about where they might obtain one without relying on a supposedly 'special value' through QVC. I also agree that another key fob at this point is rather pointless. The only accessory I ever though was worthwhile was the kiss lock purse that used to come with the Logo Lock. Unfortunately, I never liked the bag. Personally, I'm pretty likely not going to be much interested in whatever they come up with. There are only a few Dooney bags at this point I'd consider and it's unlikely any of them will be the one.

@stevieb

I was just disappointed that the style is so "been there, done that." I replied to somebody else just a moment ago and said I was hoping for something a little fresher and slouchier.  I'm a broken record now but I'm just loving the large Sadie Florentine feed bag that I bought from Dooney last month. I don't expect QVC to offer that kind of quality in a TSV, though I did expect that it might be a fresher style, as was the Brenna a couple of years ago.  I'm not even marginally interested in this one. 

@libbyannE I completely agree with you that so many of their TSV's seem utterly redundant and very run of the mill... I don't think there's much in the way of creativity still abouding at QVC, and this is the unfortunate result...

@stevieb

Beautifully said.  I keep hoping  that a Dooney TSV will be something really fresh and interesting, which is what they used to be. This tsv bag is classic, yes, but it is old!  Have the qvc buyers changed, or did management urge them to hit a low price point, which forces them to go back to an old, existing Dooney design? Not that I need another handbag, in any case. The good news is that, per my posts in your  bag dames section, I'm also a Liebeskind fan and love the Liebeskind Virginia bag. I don't need it, but it looks great so, knowing that I won't be ordering a couple Dooney TSVs this week, after all,  I just ordered the Virginia bag from another site because of the free shipping. 

I ordered the Virginia bag in black and should get it tomorrow.  I can't wait to get it.

Respected Contributor

What's up with all the has been bags?  It's an easy pass for me too.  I just received the large Ameliee Tote from the last Dooney Website sale and I love it.  It's just as pretty as the Tuscana Satchel bag I have.  I don't think I'll order again though from the Dooney and Bourke Website. 

Respected Contributor

Really disappointed with this Dooney TSV!  The November Dooney is supposed to be the Holiday wow bag!  Last year, it was the Aubrey, and the year before - the Brenna!  There is nothing special about this Dooney.  If it was trimmed on the bottom with the Sierra leather, it would have been more interesting.  I would have been willing to pay more.  But this bag is dull!  It just doesn't scream Dooney!

Honored Contributor

@1Professor wrote:

Checked the measurements, too small for me.

@1Professor That may be my problem, too. I do like the T'Moro Brown trim and the silver hardware for a change. I'm going to find a Dooney hobo I have that works for me and measure it to see if this one would work. I like the teal and the dark purple. 

If I buy it, my guess is it will not be for me. While I have several (really, too many) handbags, I see this one as a possible gift for a special young lady (niece or cousin's daughter) who is starting out and needs a nice, pebble leather bag. Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@libbyannE,  I feel that D&B is over priced.  The bags tend to be heavy.  Take a look at Radley (beautiful leathers) and check out their own website for sale items.  They are the nicest people.  I had contact with them when I recently purchased a Christmas gift.  They have free returns too.  Their leathers are beautiful and you get more for your money than D&B but maybe you won't feel the same way I do.  I actually gave up on D&B.  When they charge over $100 for a nylon small bag  == I don't think so!  Enjoy your other D&B bags.  p.s.  I just purchased a Kate Spade bag that I can wear 3 ways, soft black pebble leather, on sale and 30% off the sale price I paid $83.  It was $300.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Katcat1 wrote:

@libbyannE,  I feel that D&B is over priced.  The bags tend to be heavy.  Take a look at Radley (beautiful leathers) and check out their own website for sale items.  They are the nicest people.  I had contact with them when I recently purchased a Christmas gift.  They have free returns too.  Their leathers are beautiful and you get more for your money than D&B but maybe you won't feel the same way I do.  I actually gave up on D&B.  When they charge over $100 for a nylon small bag  == I don't think so!  Enjoy your other D&B bags.  p.s.  I just purchased a Kate Spade bag that I can wear 3 ways, soft black pebble leather, on sale and 30% off the sale price I paid $83.  It was $300.

I own radley, too. I have never said I only buy .Dooney. but I do love my Dooney Florentine bags which to me are a bargain at $400 to $500. I just bought my third liebeskind bag, and I adore them. Mother got me into Proenzas last year (Proenza Schouler), and they are great bags, too. Check them out. There is so much to play with in the marketplace. As I have written before, it has been a sad time in our family with my father's death, so I appreciate having something admittedly silly and fun on which to focus at times. Diversion.