Honored Contributor

New line of Janines at Dooney

The Belmar:

B1885G_PABLPABL

Comes in various sizes but only two colors.  They've numbered the sizes alla LV.  I love the large one (35.)  There is even a north/south configuration for those who prefer that shape.

Respected Contributor

Re: New line of Janines at Dooney

I was just looking at those yesterday!  I've been wanting a Janine, but have not found the right one yet . . . .  I am sure I will someday.   I like these, but would want a different color.  

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

I was just looking at those yesterday!  I've been wanting a Janine, but have not found the right one yet . . . .  I am sure I will someday.   I like these, but would want a different color.  

I really like the big one, but agree; more colors needed.

@Peaches McPhee 

Honored Contributor

I've always like the Janine silhouette but never found the right bag at the right price in the right color. Now, it appears that in the lead up to the introduction of this new line, Dooney has virtually eliminated competition from other Janinie bags, as there are very few of them still being offered on their website, on I Love Dooney, on QVC or on HSN. I like the Belmar, but agree, more color options are needed, as would be better pricing, and personally, I'd prefer they eliminate the metal nameplate altogether.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

I've always like the Janine silhouette but never found the right bag at the right price in the right color. Now, it appears that in the lead up to the introduction of this new line, Dooney has virtually eliminated competition from other Janinie bags, as there are very few of them still being offered on their website, on I Love Dooney, on QVC or on HSN. I like the Belmar, but agree, more color options are needed, as would be better pricing, and personally, I'd prefer they eliminate the metal nameplate altogether.

@stevieb Personally, I'd rather lose the hanging D B.  I don't like the metal nameplate either; I prefer (for this bag) the widely spaced Dooney & Bourke along the bottom portion of the bag.  My favorite Dooney nameplates are actually the leather ones, but that style is probably not appropriate for this particular bag.

Honored Contributor

this is so nice.....and classic.

for those considering, remember that this is a VERY structured handbag.

i already own two, but dont use them as often as i thought i would. a solid hot pink and a floral that qvc and dooney did a number of years ago (6-7 years) in coated cotton.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon  I think with this somewhat elegant silhouette, I'd prefer they keep the hanging DB, which I can then remove, Woman Very Happy and skip a nameplate altogether... Woman Happy The leather logo is my favorite too, but I agree it wouldn't fit this bag...

Different subject, was it you I recall having problems with Mark and Graham? I continue to drool over the Elizabetta and they now offer it in such a wide range of color choices, but the reviews for the company historically were quite dismal.

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@faeriemoon  I think with this somewhat elegant silhouette, I'd prefer they keep the hanging DB, which I can then remove, Woman Very Happy and skip a nameplate altogether... Woman Happy The leather logo is my favorite too, but I agree it wouldn't fit this bag...

Different subject, was it you I recall having problems with Mark and Graham? I continue to drool over the Elizabetta and they now offer it in such a wide range of color choices, but the reviews for the company historically were quite dismal.

@stevieb Yes, I was the one (among many) who have had difficulties with Mark and Graham in the past.  They have a horrible communication and customer service reputation.  However, the last couple of times I had to contact them they were easier to reach and much more helpful.  Why, you ask, faerie, did you have to contact them when you swore you were done with them???  Good question.  I just love that bag and I now have five of them (hangs head in shame.)

My first one was the orange; it may still be my favorite.  I have since collected the Fog Grey, the Mushroom suede, the Cobalt Blue, and a color I think called Rose that is no longer in the lineup.

They are my all time favorite style of bag; they just work for me.  They have made a minor change to the interior.  At one time there was only one interior front pocket, which was made of leather and attached to the inner lining. It was quite small; I kept pens and the hub's reading glasses in it.  They now sew two pockets into the lining.  The new configuration gives you two larger pockets (fits larger phones).  

The rest of the interior remains the same.  The cotton canvas linings coordinate with the bag color.  I keep my phone in the large center zip pocket (which I love but I know many here hate), and the back wall zip compartment is very large.

Do I think they're worth $400? Probably not.  But I have bought most of mine when they reduced the price during one of their infrequent sales.  Also, don't count on a reduced price bag remaining at the reduced price.  M & G plays with prices all the time so don't assume a reduction indicates they are getting rid of a color; it doesn't always work that way.

HTH.

faerie

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@faeriemoon  Thank you so much for the update. I do covet one of those bags, but yes, the price is a factor and I haven't been checking regularly for any sales but perhaps I will. I've always been flummoxed over just what color I'd choose were I to order. My inclination is to go with a neutral, but I don't want a neutral. I always seem to lean toward the bright green but know it would be very limiting. I also like the cobalt. It appears that right now, anyway, red is off the table and that's fine, I probably wouldn't choose red anyway. The ivory, orange and new coral are also appealing. There's also something about the yellow that catches my eye, though both the newer camo options strike me as, well, utterly unappealing, but then I'm not a fan of camo anything.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@faeriemoon I so remember your ordeal with Mark & Graham on a sale item. I know that you took some photos of a damaged bag.  I also remember how luxe they looked...

OOOOHHHH the Coral

The Elisabetta Slouch Handbag, Alce Leather, Coral

Now there is a crossbody:  that green is sensational

@stevieb  WHY did you bring this up ????

Elisabetta Slouch Crossbody

Geez, Williams-Sonoma has the BEST C/S:  so surprised that there are such issues with this offshoot

As a part of the Williams-Sonoma Inc.,
family of brands, we are dedicated
to creating high quality,
beautifully made products.