Honored Contributor

Re: New Year and New MZ Wallace

[ Edited ]

@skyblue wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

@hicindy2 @EdithEllenLily @magicmoodz @skyblue

Well girls, I did it. I donated a whole bunch of handags to charity. I am Lug free (oh, yes I am, Sky Smiley Surprised); I only kept one Dooney (the Barlow satchel -- still love that bag and no stink ... so far). Buckleys are gone and well as some other D&B's I forgot about. Also gone: Two large Romas (gray/taupe Ostrich and peachy pink color) and 1 Roma 2 (metallic -- pretty but always had a weird metal smell). I kep the original Roma in black and ostrich as those are classics (good leather), and somehow they don't look as ginormous in the darker colors. Also gave away several AK bags: the flag tote, a metallic convertible, a really cute but annoying metallic satchel where all the pockets were too small for my phone, and a couple others. Smiley Embarassed 

I hadn't used these in a very long time and for some reason I went on a tear. My style changed somehow I guess, because while I loved them once, I didn't like them anymore.

So next I will need to get serious and look at the MZWs I have. But that will be hard, so I'm going to wait a bit. Smiley Happy

What do you use for a carry on if you disposed of your Lug? @Serendipity

@skyblue Crosby traveler. Although it is much smaller, admittedly. But also easier to carry. I also have the Kate. This will likely prompt me to get a wheelie. LOL. I used to use the large Roma. Smiley Surprised But closure on top was problematic. By the way, my dad doesn't want the lug i gave him. He wants to keep using the old bag. Smiley Sad So that might be coming back to me.... no one, but no one in my family has the handbag bug. Smiley Frustrated Wait ... except the cat maybe! 

Honored Contributor

@Serendipity wrote:

@hicindy2 @EdithEllenLily My notifications aren't working. When I click on one it won't go to the msg. Smiley Sad Anyone else having this issue?

@Serendipity My notifications are okay! Sorry you're having trouble with them!

Honored Contributor

@Serendipity wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@hicindy2 I wonder if we'll get a "new items added to sale" email soon with Damask Rose marked down?! It's very pretty. And your dishes are cute! The bulldog reminds me of my sister's doggie, Scooby. Woman Very Happy

@EdithEllenLily @hicindy2 @magicmoodz @skyblue @Roni18 

They seem like to change things up, but last year they added new items to sale on Jan. 5 and then ended the sale on Jan. 15. And with items disappearing (thanks supersleuth HC!), hey, heads up! Smiley Wink

@Serendipity And more items ARE added to the Sale today, Jan. 5!! Woman Surprised

Honored Contributor

@Serendipity wrote:

Well girls, I did it. I donated a whole bunch of handags to charity. I am Lug free (oh, yes I am, Sky Smiley Surprised); I only kept one Dooney (the Barlow satchel -- still love that bag and no stink ... so far). Buckleys are gone and well as some other D&B's I forgot about. Also gone: Two large Romas (gray/taupe Ostrich and peachy pink color) and 1 Roma 2 (metallic -- pretty but always had a weird metal smell). I kep the original Roma in black and ostrich as those are classics (good leather), and somehow they don't look as ginormous in the darker colors. Also gave away several AK bags: the flag tote, a metallic convertible, a really cute but annoying metallic satchel where all the pockets were too small for my phone, and a couple others. Smiley Embarassed 

I hadn't used these in a very long time and for some reason I went on a tear. My style changed somehow I guess, because while I loved them once, I didn't like them anymore.

So next I will need to get serious and look at the MZWs I have. But that will be hard, so I'm going to wait a bit. Smiley Happy

@Serendipity I am very proud of you!! It totally makes sense to not keep what you do not use...these bags had their time and place and that is just "not now" for you!! It feels so good to get those bags out!! Great job!! Woman Very Happy

Respected Contributor

@Serendipity wrote:

@skyblue wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

What do you use for a carry on if you disposed of your Lug? @Serendipity

@skyblue Crosby traveler. Although it is much smaller, admittedly. But also easier to carry. I also have the Kate. This will likely prompt me to get a wheelie. LOL. I used to use the large Roma. Smiley Surprised But closure on top was problematic. By the way, my dad doesn't want the lug i gave him. He wants to keep using the old bag. Smiley Sad So that might be coming back to me.... no one, but no one in my family has the handbag bug. Smiley Frustrated Wait ... except the cat maybe! 

@SerendipityI considered a Kate, but I can't justify the cost for a travel bag. It isn't quite big enough for that purpose, either. If I could pick up a black Bedford with the red edge for about $150, I'd jump on it. $425? I'm pretty sure that just won't happen.😕Dare to dream.🤞🏻

I'm surprised your dad didn't want the Lug! Why didn't he like it? 

I love handbags, but I'm more like @magicmoodz when it comes to handbag purchases.👜😊However, I do adore following everyone's purchases! So much fun to chat with ladies who love them as much as I do.❤️

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@EdithEllenLily  Well, you were right about the 5'th being a big day and I had a feeling about the Rose.  I ordered the Coco in that Spring color and I tried a tassel (gunmetal) for my series of gray/black bags.  

Gunmetal Leather Ball and Tassel (3751414)

Things I left behind (if $$ was no object).  However, I have a good series of bags in neutrals, so no complaints.  

This Magnet/Pom Nikki makes the Business Casual Lover in me go pitty-pat. 

This Sporty Jane might actually inspire me to work out.  

Image result for images wine lover aerobics

Deal of the Day is that regular Thompson which is WAY marked down and now in store only. $130 !!  Wowza

Esteemed Contributor

@hicindy2@skyblue@EdithEllenLily@Serendipity

OH NOOOOOOOO!

How could this happen to me?  All the beautiful bags added to the sale and I am on a 21-day detox. No sugar, no "white" foods, no alcohol and no shopping! 

Sometimes life just isn't fair. 

tumblr_myjojt29AM1t0951zo1_400.gif

Honored Contributor

@hicindy2 wrote:

@EdithEllenLily  Well, you were right about the 5'th being a big day and I had a feeling about the Rose.  I ordered the Coco in that Spring color and I tried a tassel (gunmetal) for my series of gray/black bags.  

Gunmetal Leather Ball and Tassel (3751414)

@hicindy2 Congratulations on getting the spring Coco at such a fabulous price!!! And your gunmetal tassel looks very fun for those neutral bags! Actually it was @Serendipity who told us that last year the January sale began on Jan. 5! Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

@hicindy2@skyblue@EdithEllenLily@Serendipity

OH NOOOOOOOO!

How could this happen to me?  All the beautiful bags added to the sale and I am on a 21-day detox. No sugar, no "white" foods, no alcohol and no shopping! 

Sometimes life just isn't fair. 

tumblr_myjojt29AM1t0951zo1_400.gif

@magicmoodz If you break your fast for one sale bag that you really want, I will never tell...Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

@Serendipity @hicindy2 @Roni18 @skyblue @magicmoodz @WhiteFlowers @handygal2 @AnnMoonbeam @SUHsE @foo foo shi shi and all:

The Micro Sutton in Black Oxford has arrived! I also ordered the Medium Savoy Cosmetic in Black Oxford to go inside as a combination wallet/coin purse/cosmetic FOR MY NIECE!! Woman Very Happy To me, it's a small crossbody for a young lady. It's tiny -- but very cute! And the cosmetic has the same black matte hardware as the Micro Sutton. It fits inside and will help her to organize her items!