Esteemed Contributor

Re: New Year and New MZ Wallace

@hicindy2 wrote:

@Serendipity, Right-o, you did tell us what to expect !! Shouldn't post before the caffeine kicks in. 

Are you going to do a final pick ?? 

@magicmoodz I lost 10 pounds on the "no white" thing too.  But my Visa card is blue  Woman LOL

Image result for images peanuts being happy

@hicindy2

Congrats on your weight loss! Once those toxins are eliminated, it becomes much easier--no cravings, no hungry feelings. 

Sometimes diverting attention away from food and shopping instead is a good thing! 😗

Esteemed Contributor

@Serendipity wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

@hicindy2 @EdithEllenLily @magicmoodz @skyblue

Well girls, I did it. I donated a whole bunch of handags to charity. I am Lug free (oh, yes I am, Sky Smiley Surprised); I only kept one Dooney (the Barlow satchel -- still love that bag and no stink ... so far). Buckleys are gone and well as some other D&B's I forgot about. Also gone: Two large Romas (gray/taupe Ostrich and peachy pink color) and 1 Roma 2 (metallic -- pretty but always had a weird metal smell). I kep the original Roma in black and ostrich as those are classics (good leather), and somehow they don't look as ginormous in the darker colors. Also gave away several AK bags: the flag tote, a metallic convertible, a really cute but annoying metallic satchel where all the pockets were too small for my phone, and a couple others. Smiley Embarassed 

I hadn't used these in a very long time and for some reason I went on a tear. My style changed somehow I guess, because while I loved them once, I didn't like them anymore.

So next I will need to get serious and look at the MZWs I have. But that will be hard, so I'm going to wait a bit. Smiley Happy

@Serendipity I am very proud of you!! It totally makes sense to not keep what you do not use...these bags had their time and place and that is just "not now" for you!! It feels so good to get those bags out!! Great job!! Woman Very Happy

@EdithEllenLily You know, I've been thinking about this some more. And I think that a lot of them were that pseudo vintage, worn-in look (if they weren't actually worn-in). And when I looked at them collectively they looked rather shabby. I have to think if I actually kept any of the "distressed" bags -- I don't think so! Smiley Surprised 

@Serendipity

@EdithEllenLily

This was the story of my life--purchase and discard only to purchase and discard more. I was at a point where NOTHING really fulfilled my insatiable appetite for more. 

I am really trying to turn it around so that my possessions and I have an intimate and loving relationship! Haha! I know myself well enough to know that shopping is a part of me. I just need to be more judicious in my purchases.  It's an ongoing struggle.

Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

@EdithEllenLily

The Micro Sutton will be such a cute gift for your niece.   Does she share her auntie's love for handags?😍😍😍

@magicmoodz She likes them and favors crossbody bags right now! Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Serendipity wrote:

@hicindy2 wrote:

@Serendipity, Right-o, you did tell us what to expect !! Shouldn't post before the caffeine kicks in. 

Are you going to do a final pick ?? 

@magicmoodz I lost 10 pounds on the "no white" thing too.  But my Visa card is blue  Woman LOL

Image result for images peanuts being happy

@hicindy2 I was so happy to get that memo that the scout's oath has reset. Smiley LOL Thanks for the heads up!

Final pick? You mean final picks, right? LOL.

It seems the coco is a seasonal bag (now with all colors on sale) so I had to pick up the black with red trim. This will be a nice day to evening choice for me, a bit more dressy than paige. Coco is calling @magicmoodz ... Smiley Wink (Coincidentally, I just am drinking a hot cocoa from In-N-Out, they just added to their menu and it's wonderful, with marshmallows.)

Since I've been loving carrying around the blue laquer sutton (in it again), and since EEL @EdithEllenLily was so kind to say that the bag was similar in size (seems almost identical per sizing info) to the Clara, well, little Clara Spectrum has been adopted.  I always have a soft spot for the last of the litters (and well, was at the top of my list in the beginning, but I was being good. I do get that added reduction.)

And finally, used my ad lib for the Katherine in pewter saffiano with the Damson suede lining. I can't get that CC silver metallic, so this will be my alternative. Smiley Wink

Now time to reset the oath. Points in February!

@Serendipity

La la la la la....I can't hear you!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Serendipity wrote:

@skyblue @EdithEllenLily @hicindy2 and all:

Here's a good video of the crosby traveler. Gives you a sense. It packs a bit more than it seems (you can tell in the photo below from blog link what it looks like when it's full and how cute is that whole ensemble?!)

Not as big as puddle jumper, but a nice bag. Do you check a bag or only do carry on? If you only do carry on, it's probably not big enough, but I can get away with it sometimes. Mine doesn't have the sleeve though. Smiley Sad

Blog: MZW Bags IRL (traveler, backpack)

Video: Traveler

And here's one of the Crosby tote. I really like the look of this bag in the video. Didn't like the photos as much, but looks nice here. Maybe points .... hmn....

Crosby Tote

fashion-blogger.jpg

ETA: OK that Bendel wheelie is nice looking, but I looked it up and way expensive. Guess I'll be sticking with my samsonite.

@Serendipity

It's official--I love everything Crosby! Even those styles that are too small for me meet my aesthetic. 

ETA: It was very liberating once I decided I could go on a 7-day holiday to Mexico with only a carry-on. (Of course my handbag was larger than my carry-on😀)

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Chico's plush jacket on the way since I have been craving an animal print.  3/4 to bracelet length sleeves so this is designed for warmer climates with a long sleeve silk turtleneck underneath.  Cute with black jeans and low boots. 50% off today online. 

Works with all the MZ Wallace black bags that we love. 

Now, along with cleaning out your closets and making donations, you might want to get your financial house in order.  Most of us can and do online banking and you can set up a messaging system with your bank to send you your current balance as frequently as daily. This is early prevention.  You can also set up online alerts with your major credit card companies to send you an e-mail if a charge exceeds X dollars (you set the parameters).  I have that set up with both Chase and Capital One. I try to use PayPal whenever I can on online orders. I have destroyed my specific department store cards and closed them online since they are the most vulnerable to hacking. I had issues with both Nordies and Neiman Marcus. Debit cards are also susceptible to fraudulent use (we had an issue with both Target and Raley's) so I just march over to the ATM and now we pay cash for groceries, Starbucks, and gas. It is so much easier to set up alerts then deal with headaches after the fact. I also had a deadbolt lock put on the door to the master walk in closet.  I have a file cabinet in there and plastic boxes on the shelves with tax info  and a place for passports, checkbooks, and fine jewelry.  If we have casual labor come in (cleaning lady, painters, plumbers etc), no worries. 

Image result for images camp snoopy be prepared

Respected Contributor

@hicindy2  I like that jacket.  I was tempted to order something today but didn't see anything I just had to have and trying to do better about spending this year.  I don't think it is the larger purchases that is getting me, but all the $30-$40 dollar items I buy.  That doesn't sound like much but they really add up.  

Good idea about the lock on your closet if you are having people come in a lot.  

Honored Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

I changed into the Small Abbey Tote in Fur Print this morning! I'm keeping it thanks to @WhiteFlowers telling me it was basically the booty bomb. Woman LOL We went over to see my Mom this afternoon to take down her Christmas decorations and she loved this bag!! Woman Happy

Image result for MZ Wallace Small Abbey Fur Print

Well, this bag was a hit with my sister and her family today when we met them for lunch at Bahama Breeze. My niece sat by me and was fascinated with the Fur Print Oxford and noticed all of the colors in it. So, guess who is going to receive the Abbey Crossbody in Fur Print pictured below? Woman Wink I will give this one to her before the Micro Sutton.

Image result for MZ Wallace Abbey crossbody fur print

Esteemed Contributor

@EdithEllenLily  Lucky her !! It is youthful and fun and a Crossbody which is ever popular. 

All excited because we have more rain in the forecast.  Feel sorry for all those shivering out there:  I spent 10 years in Cleveland.  

So cute...

Image result for MZ Wallace Abbey crossbody fur print

Honored Contributor

@hicindy2 I am so happy to hear you will be getting more rain!! Woman Very Happy