Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: New Sueded Hobo Logo from Dooney!

[ Edited ]

@JAXS mom wrote:

I hate the reinforced corners on this bag and the fact that they insisted on using brown contrasting leather for it and the strap on all colors. 

I was really underwhelmed upon seeing it presented and those leather accents are a big (though not the only) reason why... They'd have done better to keep this bag all suede. That leather strap looked so stiff and just seemed to sit there, at attention... I thought I'd like this one better than I did and have no regrets about not ordering. The olive and charcoal colors were nice, as were all the colors. The only one I didn't much care for was the honey, which just sort of looked 'standard issue' to me...But those leather accents, (along with the price, along with the shipping...) are a deal breaker.  I was sort of surprised nothing sold out...  All that said, enjoy it if you got it !

Woman Happy

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@1Professor wrote:

One of the reasons I adore the hobo logo is that it slouches. I don't see how the smaller suede bag with leather corners would do that in the same way. 

However, I adore a suede bag for fall. The best Dooney suede, in my opinion now, is the drawstring!

a266617_b90.102.jpeg

I tend to agree, Prof... I thought this was a much better looking bag than the suede LL...  I also loved the brick red option, which they didn't offer in the other bag.  The downfall for this one, though, was the full name logo across the front of the bag.  I'd have preferred a more discreet hangtag or something along those lines.  I sort of wish they'd lose the new logo altogether.  I liked it at first, but have tired of it very, very quickly.

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@1Professor wrote:

One of the reasons I adore the hobo logo is that it slouches. I don't see how the smaller suede bag with leather corners would do that in the same way. 

However, I adore a suede bag for fall. The best Dooney suede, in my opinion now, is the drawstring!

a266617_b90.102.jpeg

I tend to agree, Prof... I thought this was a much better looking bag than the suede LL...  I also loved the brick red option, which they didn't offer in the other bag.  The downfall for this one, though, was the full name logo across the front of the bag.  I'd have preferred a more discreet hangtag or something along those lines.  I sort of wish they'd lose the new logo altogether.  I liked it at first, but have tired of it very, very quickly.

I like this drawstring, too. 

Are either of these styles exclusive to The Q? 

It takes me a long time to decide on a good bag before purchasing. I don't buy them all that often. I do love suede... 

Super Contributor

I am so glad I edited my order from the Charcoal to the Honey!  I liked it the best of any of the choices. It's on its way to me already.

I also ordered the new nylon crossbody in green with the leather duck logo that they presented first. 

Honored Contributor

@1Professor wrote:

a266617.001.jpeg

a266617_b90.102.jpeg

@1Professor-I love this suede bag! Hard to decide on just one color.  Loving the deep Wine & the Royal Blue.

*P.S. A new GILI pebbled fringe drawstring Handbag is posted-no photo yet, A266526*

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

I really love the look of this bag but would like a black suede with black leather accents and NO white/off white top stitching~!  An all-black bag please... Woman LOL 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Esteemed Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@JAXS mom wrote:

I hate the reinforced corners on this bag and the fact that they insisted on using brown contrasting leather for it and the strap on all colors. 

Hi jaxs mom -- I'll bet Dooney was trying to extend the life of a suede handbag by adding those corners. What color of leather would you have preferred instead of the brown? Black? Navy? Something else? Just curious...

I agree with you Edith.  I ordered this bag this morning in the Charcoal but changed it to Olive because I didn't like the color match with the leather used.  I agree about the leather being in the corners because it will protect the suede.  If it didn't have those leather corners, I wouldn't have ordered the bag at all.  The corners will wear without the leather covering.  

Honored Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@1Professor wrote:

a266617_b90.102.jpeg

I like this drawstring, too. 

Are either of these styles exclusive to The Q? 

It takes me a long time to decide on a good bag before purchasing. I don't buy them all that often. I do love suede... 

The suede logo lock might be a Q exclusive, as the original version is, I believe.

Super Contributor

They said on air a few times that it is an exclusive for the Q. I wonder how long til they bring it out in all leather with the smaller size like the very best seller one? I am not sure I would buy one. 

Honored Contributor

@BlingQueen022 wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@JAXS mom wrote:

Hi jaxs mom -- I'll bet Dooney was trying to extend the life of a suede handbag by adding those corners. What color of leather would you have preferred instead of the brown? Black? Navy? Something else? Just curious...

I agree with you Edith.  I ordered this bag this morning in the Charcoal but changed it to Olive because I didn't like the color match with the leather used.  I agree about the leather being in the corners because it will protect the suede.  If it didn't have those leather corners, I wouldn't have ordered the bag at all.  The corners will wear without the leather covering.  

Enjoy your new olive suede Logo Lock handbag set, BlingQueen!!! Woman Happy