Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: New Sueded Hobo Logo from Dooney!

[ Edited ]

I hate the reinforced corners on this bag and the fact that they insisted on using brown contrasting leather for it and the strap on all colors. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@JAXS mom wrote:

I hate the reinforced corners on this bag and the fact that they insisted on using brown contrasting leather for it and the strap on all colors. 

Hi jaxs mom -- I'll bet Dooney was trying to extend the life of a suede handbag by adding those corners. What color of leather would you have preferred instead of the brown? Black? Navy? Something else? Just curious...

Honored Contributor

I'd rather have the color match the bag on this one. It won't be exact but at least it would be in the same tone. 

Honored Contributor

@JAXS mom wrote:

I'd rather have the color match the bag on this one. It won't be exact but at least it would be in the same tone. 

Makes sense to me, jaxs mom. My guess is that would be very expensive to produce them with the color match. The only one that appealed to me was the Honey which has the best color match, so I do agree with you! But our house is bursting all over with handbags (some are still on door handles trying to find a place to live), so no purchase here! 

Honored Contributor

I'm not buying one either, right now there isn't a Dooney that I'm coveting. My next bag will probably be a third color in the Oryany Danielle since it's proved to be my perfect daily bag. Both white and black are at the top of my bag list to go with my misty rose and gray ones. 

Super Contributor

I bougtht the Danielle bag when it was the TSV in the Mushroom color. I love it too! I've been using it the past week but changed to a patent leather Dooney drawstring today. I make sure that I DO change out my bags and give them each a turn to see the light of day. lol

Frequent Contributor

well....I had ordered the wine but i cancelled it.  I was interested in the smaller size but I don't  like the contrast corners either.  and I rememberd why I don't have a suede bag.  I don't really like them.

Respected Contributor

One of the reasons I adore the hobo logo is that it slouches. I don't see how the smaller suede bag with leather corners would do that in the same way. 

However, I adore a suede bag for fall. The best Dooney suede, in my opinion now, is the drawstring!

a266617.001.jpeg

a266617_b90.102.jpeg

Super Contributor

I noticed people are leaving comments on the "review" of the bag under the item number but I don't think anyone has it in their posession yet!  My Honey color shipped so it is on its way. Tonight there are 3 hours of Dooney shows so I expect they will show this bag! I do expect to love it.

Esteemed Contributor

@Quiltlady wrote:

I noticed people are leaving comments on the "review" of the bag under the item number but I don't think anyone has it in their posession yet!  My Honey color shipped so it is on its way. Tonight there are 3 hours of Dooney shows so I expect they will show this bag! I do expect to love it.

Please give us a full report...bet you will love it too.  Color (honey) is soooo rich.