Respected Contributor

New Sueded Hobo Logo from Dooney!

[ Edited ]

Dooney finally played with its popular hobo logo design, creating a suede version in many fall colors, and SMALLER, at 12-1/2 inches, so medium, rather than large: A269013. Even the lining abandons the pink check and is red.

[Love the olive, but fear this bag is too small for a Big Bag Gal.]

a269013.001.jpeg

a269013.003.jpeg

a269013_b90.102.jpeg

Super Contributor

Re: New Sueded Hobo Logo from Dooney!

I just saw it. It looks beautiful. I like it in two colors. Will have to decide if I really want yet another Dooney bag!  But I don't own any suede ones. ....yet!

Honored Contributor

And best of all, they FINALLY got rid of that bilious pink lining... Thank you and now maybe I'll take this bag seriously...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

I couldn't resist I ordered it in the Charcoal. I love the two tone with the leather. Second choice was the Honey. Isaac has a rose scarf I have had my eye on that will look perfect with the bag so I ordered that too. It is cream background with gray and tan roses. 

Honored Contributor

The size actually works for me too.  I've gotten away from extra large bags, so this might well be a great size for me.  Since they reinvented it, I do wish they'd have included some form of exterior compartment, but I am somewhat interested in giving this version a whirl.

Honored Contributor

Forgot to add, I'd prefer to wait and see this presented, but have a feeling that if I do, it'll be gone in my chosen color (olive, though I also like the charcoal) and while I'd bet they'll be restocking this one, who knows how long that might take.  I also see they're asking top dollar to ship it instead of the six dollars they sometimes charge for bags, which really is too bad and somewhat gouging on their part.  

Come to think of it, on second thought, this bag is already three hundred dollars for a somewhat smaller bag and adding that eleven and change to ship it has proven to be a deal breaker.  I'm sure they won't miss just this one sale.  Then again, I'm pretty sure I won't miss yet another bag.  Wow, talk about a full reversal, but I'm fully tired of their failure to offer any incentives to customers.  At this price point, if others could ship it free, or at least for less, so could they.

Frequent Contributor

I have two of the other logo lock version in the Tmoro Brown and the Dark Grey and they are my favorite D&B bags....

I debated this...I don't need another of these.... .but the smaller size has my interest... So  I ordered it in the Wine... I don't have a bag that color and I don't have a suede bag and I do love the kiss lock purse...

I have used that kiss lock as my wallet since I got the first logo lock two or three years ago.   I have it in brown and gray of course, and I also bought the kiss lock purse in red leather off of the I love Dooney website... so having a wine suede one will be nice.

I have always been curious why they say on presentations that the only place you can get that kiss lock purse is with this bag... I have seen it multiple times on the I love Dooney and on the regular website... and it's the same little purse in both leather and vinyl.. no different than the ones I got with the hobo.  

anyway... I am curious to see it in a suede. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Enjoy exploring this new sueded bag, those who have happily succumbed to temptation. Spending money on shipping or returning has never bothered me; small price to pay for the joy of exploring and being able to undo expensive mistakes.

Suede is heaven. I have a suede Dooney in olive from their limited collection (found at my luxe outlet mall nearby for 60% off). Olive is hard to get.

@stevieb is undoubtedly correct in her suspicion that there won't be that many in any color at first and colors will sell out. I suspect the HONEY will go quickly, as the only light shade. Also OLIVE, since it is a hot fashion color right now and many of us don't have an olive bag.

I'm guessing this bag debuts briefly this evening on the Handbag and Shoes show, then shown at the Saturday Dooney show, with some colors already gone.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@1Professor wrote:

Enjoy exploring this new sueded bag, those who have happily succumbed to temptation. Spending money on shipping or returning has never bothered me; small price to pay for the joy of exploring and being able to undo expensive mistakes.

I guess, then, Prof, that's the difference between us,.  We both clearly love bags, no arguments there !  But I do mind the extra freight...  As noted, I'm sure they won't have trouble unloading this bag, just not to me...  The prospect of an almost twenty dollar 'try on fee' (eleven and change to get it home and another seven to return it) simply doesn't float my boat.  We all have our flash-point and had they offered to ship this even for the six dollar fee, I might have bitten... but that extra five measly dollars just ticks me off.  After all, they're already charging more for this bag than for the larger regular logo lock...  I guess the definition of a 'small price to pay' is, indeed, relative...  For those who, 'happily succumb to temptation', hoping you enjoy your new bags!

Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@1Professor wrote:

I guess, then, Prof, that's the difference between us,.  We both clearly love bags, no arguments there !  But I do mind the extra freight...  As noted, I'm sure they won't have trouble unloading this bag, just not to me...  The prospect of an almost twenty dollar 'try on fee' (eleven and change to get it home and another seven to return it) simply doesn't float my boat.  We all have our flash-point and had they offered to ship this even for the six dollar fee, I might have bitten... but that extra five measly dollars just ticks me off.  After all, they're already charging more for this bag than for the larger regular logo lock...  I guess the definition of a 'small price to pay' is, indeed, relative...  For those who, 'happily succumb to temptation', hoping you enjoy your new bags!

Smiley Wink

@Great points, @stevieb, about diverse threshholds and breakpoints. I am careful about money in ways that others may not be; I don't go out for expensive dinners (rare), concerts (rather have the CD), don't buy alcohol, and take stayCATIONS more than VAcations (once in 5 years). So, I expect, I put ordering a bag I might not keep is a form of entertainment!

I also don't like have too many bags that I just don't use, so, as I mentioned in another thread, for each new bag I keep, I get rid of one I have (even though I used to love it). I might gift it to a friend/relative, donate it to a thrift shop, or consign it (expensive designer brands). (Already looking for the bag to pass on to replace the incoming Anuschka snow leopard.) Love seeing others love having an expensive bag I've passed on; so many women have never had the finest leather or even a new bag in years! (Shocking thought to us handbag collectors!) *winks*